• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sherlock Holmes Mafia; starts 6/12

deacvision7

Mod Emeritus
Reaction score
I don't want to step on redwing's shoes here with his NHL mafia next week, but I need to start compiling players for the week of 6/12 now. I need players, like, I need as much as we just had for Fallout 4.

BONUS! Semi-open game!

Sherlock Holmes Themed Mafia

RULES

1. Vote using bold or ***vote***
  2. No night talking. After night has been declared, no posting of words. Funny gifs are OK to post. Night talk and I’ll kill you. (you get a 2 minute window).
  3. No dead talking. Except for funny gifs at night. Do not post anything that could be construed as about a player still alive in the game. Dead post something other than innocuous gifs and I’ll kill a teammate via RNG.
  4. Do not try to angle shoot your way to being clear. If I consider what you posted to being you trying to clear yourself intentionally, I’ll AA you.
  5. If your role says that you cannot claim in the thread until a certain condition is satisfied, respect that. Only the people with these roles will know these conditions. People that fake these roles before the conditions are met will not be AA’d. Up to the citizenry to figure out the lies and the truths.
  6. If you have a question or concern, PM me. I will get back to you as soon as I can. DO NOT ADDRESS THIS CONCERN IN THE THREAD. I will ignore it if it is placed there and then AA you. DO NOT DO THIS.
  7. Stay patient during night turns. A lot of moving parts means that nights might take longer than usual.
  8. PM me about any incorrect vote counts. DO NOT post about it in the thread. PM me and I will be happy to figure it out and correct my mistake, if I made one.
  9. OVERTIME RULES – Any tie at the end of a voting round will result in a 30 minute overtime runoff vote. ALL PLAYERS will be allowed to vote for one of the players involved in the tie. Players are not required to vote. The highest vote counter after 30 minutes dies. If 2 or more are still tied, all those still tied will die. Lynch mobs are crazy.
  10. Have fun!

VOTING ROUNDS
Each day will end at 10:30 AM, 1:30 PM, and 4:30 PM. If any exceptions are needed, the moderator will alert the thread at the start of the day.

NIGHT OPERATIONS ORDER

1. Roleblocks, if applicable – mafia’s takes precedence
  2. Watcher gets set (NO tracker in the game) (This also means watchers will miss any roleblocks.)
  3. Mafia Frame
  4. Angel Protection
  5. All hits occur simultaneously (if Murillo is targeted for a kill, then both he and the assassin will die)
  6. Investigations/searches
  7. Conversions

ROLES
This is an “mostly open” game where all (but 1) possible names/roles are known, but the actual powers will not be revealed until the player is killed (some parts redacted if necessary). That one complete unknown role is a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] independent lurking that must be found out. Details about finding that person have been given to those that can find him/her, but nobody else. Be forewarned that I’ve listed more “vanilla” civs here than there will be in play. Nobody will know all vanilla civ character names that are in play aside from the moderator. Mafia, or special civs, may try to “safe claim” with one of these vanilla names, and may be lucky that it wasn’t assigned to a player, but nobody was given a “safe claim” knowing it wouldn’t be in the game. The vanilla civ character names in the game were randomly given out via RNG.

CITIZENS POWER ROLES
Sherlock Holmes, Investigator Extraordinaire. Enhanced Cop, Citizenry.
Mycroft Holmes, Sherlock’s older brother. Backup/Inefficient Cop, Citizenry
Dr. John Watson, Holmes’ most trusted friend and army trained doctor, Doctor (Angel/Bookie)
Mary Watson, Vengeful Vendetta, Citizenry
Baker Street Irregulars, Wily Children of Baker Street, Watcher, Citizenry
Inspector Lestrade, Scotland Yard Investigator. Godfather Hunter, Citizenry
Monsieur Dubugue; French detective, Desperado, Citizenry
Don Juan Murillo; aka Henderson, Central American Tyrant Relocated to England, Paranoid Gun Owner, Citizenry

VANILLA CIVS: long list goes here

MAFIA
Professor Moriarty, Criminal Genius, Mafia Godfather.
Hugo Oberstein, German Spy, Mafia Framer
Sebastian Moran, ex-Army Colonel turned criminal, Mafia Strong Ninja
Charles Augustus Magnusson, Tycoon Blackmailer, Mafia Role Odd-Night Investigator
Mafia Goon 1+ (depending on numbers)

INDEPENDENT
Irene Adler, “the woman”, Recruitable Independent.
HIDDEN IDENTITY INDY

Oh dear god. I guess I'll have a free hour or 2... next month.

Last edited:
This timeline doesn't interfere with official mafia

I'll get back to you

I thought intentional bullshitting was the point

Maybe I'll take my one game experience of getting AA'd for not knowing basic rules and just quit while I'm ahead

Maybe I'll take my one game experience of getting AA'd for not knowing basic rules and just quit while I'm ahead

Unlike others, I don't give a shit if you play or not. Happy to have you, won't care if you don't want to play. I'm good either way. It's just an internet game.

But you night talked about the game, I would have AA'd you for that too.

But there is a difference between bullshitting about your role and pretending to be dumb so that others clear you as a town-aligned/civ player. The latter is not cool; the former is encouraged.

Getting aa'd for talking shit on your teammate for getting aa'd is fucking hilarious

Getting aa'd for talking shit on your teammate for getting aa'd is fucking hilarious

Deac board mafia highlight reel. Totally serious. He didn't know it was against the rules so it wasn't angleshooting. It was brilliant and would have won the game for his maf. Have to aa him for it obviously but credit is due if it was intentional

Deac board mafia highlight reel. Totally serious. He didn't know it was against the rules so it wasn't angleshooting. It was brilliant and would have won the game for his maf. Have to aa him for it obviously but credit is due if it was intentional

What did I miss? Link to post?

Also, I'm thinking the odds this game makes it past the 3rd night would be impossible.

Also, I'm thinking the odds this game makes it past the 3rd night would be impossible.

airplane-cant-be-serious.gif

In! Last time I was the gunsmith that didn't get to give or receive guns. Or something like that.

In, but will need to revisit as it gets closer.

Back