• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

is it normal to use deodorant before a run? i never have (well, when i run after work i obviously used deodorant that morning. but not RIGHT before the run). i've always thought it was bad to try to keep yourself from sweating. i'm going to end up sweating/smelling anyway if i go running. might as well not bother with deodorant.

it's not an everytime thing for me, but sometimes for races or if I'm running with people, I'll end up putting some on right before a run. and I sweat plenty anyway.

RTQ - I have had residue only if the time between deodorizing and showering wasn't very long. For example in college if I had a Friday class a lot of the time I wouldn't shower but I'd put on deodorant, go to class, and then shower later that afternoon for the night. Otherwise no problem.

As for getting deod on shirts - I just put my deodorant on last after already being dressed.

Excitingggg getsome!! I looked in to that place because they (at least they did) waive the room rental fee if you get a certain amount in food. I think they were booked for our date when I contacted them, though.

RTQ - I have had residue only if the time between deodorizing and showering wasn't very long. For example in college if I had a Friday class a lot of the time I wouldn't shower but I'd put on deodorant, go to class, and then shower later that afternoon for the night. Otherwise no problem.

As for getting deod on shirts - I just put my deodorant on last after already being dressed.

Excitingggg getsome!! I looked in to that place because they (at least they did) waive the room rental fee if you get a certain amount in food. I think they were booked for our date when I contacted them, though.

said they had my hopeful date open and offered dv7 and I a free lunch and a tour. #winning

My hairdryer literally caught fire while I was blow drying my hair this morning. Luckily I unplugged it and it just smoked for a few seconds. But needless to say I am in the market for a new one. Any suggestions on good but not outrageously expensive hairdryers? That I can maybe get at Target or somewhere like that?

My hairdryer literally caught fire while I was blow drying my hair this morning. Luckily I unplugged it and it just smoked for a few seconds. But needless to say I am in the market for a new one. Any suggestions on good but not outrageously expensive hairdryers? That I can maybe get at Target or somewhere like that?

no good suggestions as i usually just grab the cheapest one at target or wal-mart. but i have had this happen before too (probably because i buy the cheapest one...). i also had sparks start flying out of the cord of one of them (i'm not an idiot. it was not frayed or anything like that).

I'm worried about the day mine will do that too. I've been using the same one for many years now and I have a feeling it may be on its last legs soon.

One of my friends had the same thing happen (sparks/catching fire) last week.

You might try cleaning the dust out of the vent screen. Either brush it out or hit it with the crevice tool of your vacuum cleaner (or both). When that gets blocked, the motor has to work harder and it overheats.

Sorry, no recs from me either. I also just go to cheapest at Target route. I think after a while they just get burnt out (har har) and/or too dusty like HP said.

Go to Marshalls or TJ Max. They have higher end hair dryers, ones you can get in the salons, for about $20. I highly recommend it.

Does anyone use & want to recommend (on here or through PM) a BC other than the pill? I'm so tired of those things.

okay here's question only appropriate for this thread...

I randomly was thinking the other day about deodorant buildup. Maybe I'm the only one, but usually I get a nice film of deodorant in my razor when I shave my armpits (even if I scrub the pits before).

It made me wonder how much deodorant residue is living inside hairy man armpits. Or maybe it's less because more is caught in said hair. Or maybe I just use too much deodorant, or the wrong kind.

anyone else - deodorant in your razor? layers of residue in your man's pits?

I dont have layers of residue, but I do occasionally get deodorant balls that collect in my armpit hairs. The deo stains in undershirts that was mentioned earlier are the worst.

You might try cleaning the dust out of the vent screen. Either brush it out or hit it with the crevice tool of your vacuum cleaner (or both). When that gets blocked, the motor has to work harder and it overheats.

What HP said. I've seen a couple house fires started from hair dryers who overheated due to the vent screen being clogged and it couldnt adequately cool itself.

CHI ceramic

nothing else will work on my hair. nothing.

CHI ceramic

nothing else will work on my hair. nothing.

Agreed. I was reluctant to jump on the CHI bandwagon because it is a bit pricey but I think it was worth every dollar. By far the best hair straightener I've owned. My hair is thick and has a big wave but it definitely does the job!

I definitely had that happen once, while I was in the middle of it. So freaking happy. But I actually just had to get a new one because my higher end one started burning the shit out of my hair. But I found that there were three different recommendations.
The Revlon Tourmaline Pro Ionic was rated the best on consumer reports, but if you have fine hair like me, not so good. I had this one and it was a good hair dryer, it just didn't work well on my hair.
The Conair Infiniti Professional Tourmaline Cermanic Ionic Styler was better for fine hair. I ended up with this and I am very pleased.

These are all under 50 (or supposed to be according to their websites), so hopefully it helps.

Does anyone use & want to recommend (on here or through PM) a BC other than the pill? I'm so tired of those things.

Check your PM. My mother just shared an all natural remedy that is not for birth control but other things that you may be interested in!

Back