• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

hmm. that's tough. regardless, she was thinking about you enough to text you... but that could very well be a friendzone comment.

Yeah. I'm past the friend zone. I'm not actually this bad with women.

well, in that case i would take it as a solid point towards her being interested in you, too, beyond just hooking up. *shrug*

Lol I thought you meant the literal message. I was like how the F are we supposed to guess what this chick texted you??

ok, RTQ, after your first couple of classes, can you tell me if you would recommend hot yoga to others? there's a charlotte living social deal today for 20 classes for $20. the place isn't terribly far from me. the classes DO have to be used within 2 months of the first time you go, which would be a stretch (ha, pun intended :)) for me, but even if i only got through 10-15 of them, that's still a steal. but i'm still unsure of how i feel about yoga in general. is it worth it?

ok, RTQ, after your first couple of classes, can you tell me if you would recommend hot yoga to others? there's a charlotte living social deal today for 20 classes for $20. the place isn't terribly far from me. the classes DO have to be used within 2 months of the first time you go, which would be a stretch (ha, pun intended :)) for me, but even if i only got through 10-15 of them, that's still a steal. but i'm still unsure of how i feel about yoga in general. is it worth it?

I would say definitely worth it. The classes are usually ~$15 each I think so it's an awesome monetary deal. I've only done regular yoga once and didn't really enjoy it but have really enjoyed the hot yoga (I've only gone 2x though) because being hot and sweaty just seems to be more conducive to stretching and contorting your body into strange positions. I also felt like I had more of a workout than regular yoga because of the huge amounts of sweat.

I saw that too. It's an incredible deal, but a crappy location (for me) and it looks like they only have hot yoga, which kinda sucks. FTR, I don't do yoga. Actually, I guess the location isn't that bad, since it's less than a mile from the gym I go to and about 1.5 miles from my office, but it's not on the way to anything I'm going to or from.

Don't you have a free gym at your new office? Also, I can recommend Laughing Buddha at Morrison and Charlotte Yoga (over by Total Wine and Sushi 101) that might be easier to get to without having to go to the edges of South End. Again, i don't do yoga, but my wife has dabbled and I know other ladies who "study" there.

I saw that too. It's an incredible deal, but a crappy location (for me) and it looks like they only have hot yoga, which kinda sucks. FTR, I don't do yoga. Actually, I guess the location isn't that bad, since it's less than a mile from the gym I go to and about 1.5 miles from my office, but it's not on the way to anything I'm going to or from.

Don't you have a free gym at your new office? Also, I can recommend Laughing Buddha at Morrison and Charlotte Yoga (over by Total Wine and Sushi 101) that might be easier to get to without having to go to the edges of South End. Again, i don't do yoga, but my wife has dabbled and I know other ladies who "study" there.

yes, i have a gym at my new office, but it doesn't have yoga classes (we do have a nice pilates studio across the street, but it costs almost as much for 1 visit as this deal is charging for 20). and there are absolutely closer places to me, but it's the price that's getting me on this one. i mean, if awar is right that these things usually cost $15/visit, then i'm never going to even try it at regular pricing.

Yeah, I think classes at those two places I mentioned usually run $12 to $14 per visit, depending on how many you buy.

Lol I thought you meant the literal message. I was like how the F are we supposed to guess what this chick texted you??

I thought the same thing. :tard:

Last night I spent half the class thinking of it as torture. I would not possibly recommend it at normal prices but if you want to give it a try, $20 for 20 classes is insanely cheap. For that price, I'd say buy the deal.

I don't feel like I got a workout, just that I got super sweaty and stretched my hamstrings too far. So I guess you have to figure out what you want/expect from it.

My biggest problem is that my feet cramp up when I'm trying to stand on one leg. Whichever foot I'm standing on cramps within a few seconds. The floor exercises are wonderful, though.

One part on the floor she is like "put your entire arms under you with your hands flat on the ground and pinkies touching and make your elbows disappear under your body" - I keep expecting my shoulders to dislocate when I try that. Also I have bruises on my front hip bones from mashing them into the floor.

I find it really irritating to do one floor pose, then turn around and lie down for a minute, then another pose, then lie down again, then turn around, etc. Too much turning.

The 2 women that I've had classes from have been really good about tempering the poses to all levels. For that one with your arms under you they both were really adamant about just doing what you can and starting out with your arms under you at least and then working from there. There are a lot of things that I can't do but so far they've given good alternatives.

I do agree about the turning around thing but also in the classes that I went to we were given the option of holding a pose rather than turning (I think the more advanced people are supposed to do this but I did it anyway).

Back