• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Hi ladies! Hope all is well. Any thoughts on documented all wedding info on a personal wedding website? If so any recommendations on where?

We have a theknot webpage for our guests to find out everything. It has been very helpful for the guests and for myself. I just send them to the website.

Hi ladies! Hope all is well. Any thoughts on documented all wedding info on a personal wedding website? If so any recommendations on where?

We posted all of our info on a personal wedding website, and it worked really well. We put the link on all the invitations and everyone was able to go to one centralized place to get all their information. I've texted mrstsy to see which one we used.

One great thing - depending on the hotel they will have an online link for the hotel reservations. Add that link to your website.

We have a theknot webpage for our guests to find out everything. It has been very helpful for the guests and for myself. I just send them to the website.

One great thing - depending on the hotel they will have an online link for the hotel reservations. Add that link to your website.

We had a wedding webpage on theknot as well. Besides the online link for hotel reservations, we also included links to our registries too.

as a frequent wedding-go-er, i always appreciate people who have a good webpage, especially if that webpage lists their registries. i nearly always lose invitations, and if i've lost the invitation AND the couple doesn't have a good webpage, then i have to go to individual retailers' websites like crate and barrel and look for registries (which works. but can be a hassle if the first 3 or 4 of the stores aren't the right ones). it's just so much easier if there is a webpage.

so anyway, all of that is to say "i highly recommend having a good webpage" :)

In the process of making a wedding website, think it will just include vital information like hotels, registries, and rsvp. I am using mywedding.com, I liked the format and templates better than the knot sites.

Speaking of having registries on there, how far in advance are you expected to have your registry stuff done?

i don't know what the etiquette actually says. but i would guess that once your invitations go out, you should probably be pretty done with the registries. just because once the invitations are out, lots of people go ahead and book hotels/buy presents all at once, just to knock it out.

but that's a total guess.

In the process of making a wedding website, think it will just include vital information like hotels, registries, and rsvp. I am using mywedding.com, I liked the format and templates better than the knot sites.

Speaking of having registries on there, how far in advance are you expected to have your registry stuff done?

i don't know what the etiquette actually says. but i would guess that once your invitations go out, you should probably be pretty done with the registries. just because once the invitations are out, lots of people go ahead and book hotels/buy presents all at once, just to knock it out.

but that's a total guess.

Registries was the very first thing we accomplished, outside of picking the church, reception, and photographer.

You would need to do it by the time you send the Save the Dates. If you have an engagement party, etc. you need to have it done prior to those invitations going out.

Registries was the very first thing we accomplished, outside of picking the church, reception, and photographer.

You would need to do it by the time you send the Save the Dates. If you have an engagement party, etc. you need to have it done prior to those invitations going out.

Oh crap really?? We were going to send our Save the Dates next month for our August wedding but there is no way we will have our registries done by then. I was just going to put on the website, registry information coming soon.

Oh crap really?? We were going to send our Save the Dates next month for our August wedding but there is no way we will have our registries done by then. I was just going to put on the website, registry information coming soon.

Yeah. I know we have gotten a few due to the Save the Dates.

Just start them online and get a few things added. It doesn't have to be entirely complete, just have a few items. That is better than nothing.

Yeah good plan for starting them online. Any recommendations for places to register? Our tastes are pretty basic so probably BBandBeyond, Macys, maybe Crate and Barrel. I have heard you can register at Amazon now too?? Thank could be dangerous because I love me some Amazon.

yeah my sister and brother-in-law registered at Amazon. I think that was mostly his area, because it included a lot of power tools. :)

Yeah good plan for starting them online. Any recommendations for places to register? Our tastes are pretty basic so probably BBandBeyond, Macys, maybe Crate and Barrel. I have heard you can register at Amazon now too?? Thank could be dangerous because I love me some Amazon.

We tried to pick places that our guests could easily get to or shop online.

We did Belks, Kohls, and Pottery Barn. Then there is a boutique in my hometown that I did a little bit with. Belks and Kohls are located within each of our hometowns (or close to it). Pottery Barn we have to go out of town for. We did a lot of our barware there. Pottery Barn does change seasons so items will be discontinued.

We have thought about adding Lowes to the mix, depending on where we choose to live (house or apartment).

Totally random- but I just remembered that around Xmas, a few people here were talking about the FitBit. I got one for Xmas and started using it lately. I actually really like it, and I definitely thought I would hate it. In case anyone was considering it, I would say it's completely worth the price.

I got one for Christmas too! It's basically a fancy pedometer, but it's pretty awesome. I love that it synchs automatically and has a nice webpage for looking at all of your info (steps, mileage, stairs, etc). I've found that it's pretty accurate on walking, but doesn't always track me perfectly on runs. But overall I definitely like it too.

ladydeac, when you made the no knead dutch oven bread, did your bread stick to your wax paper? i tried it this weekend, and in every way it turned out really, really well. it LOOKED fantastic, and tasted just as good. but we ended up having to just cut off a layer from the bottom because the bread stuck to it. did you take it off of the wax paper as soon as it came out of the oven? or did you spray it with something/coat it with flour beforehand?

we left it in the pan for the hour that the instructions said to cool it before cutting. and by the time we actually pulled it out, it was stuck enough that it would have easily taken at least 30 minutes to peel the wax paper off in itty bitty strips. so we just cut it off instead.

I definitely used parchment paper (seriously I think it was the first time I've ever bought and used parchment paper) and didn't have a problem. I did put some flour on the paper before I turned the bread out onto it (in that step where you take it out of the bowl and fold it under itself before the last rise). I guess that helped because I did not have any sticking problems.

We did C&B and BB&B and were pleased with that combination. I feel like BB&B is a must just because they have EVERYTHING, and they have an amazing return policy. You can return anything that was on your registry for cash if you change your mind, and if people give you things that weren't on your registry you can still return them for store credit. Also, I had no idea about this before we registered there, but they have a large selection of china (same styles and brands you'd find at Macy's or elsewhere). And obviously people can use all those 20% off coupons that come in the mail all the time and most people have a BB&B near them.

We didn't have as much on our C&B registry, but we did get our everyday plates and our silverware there, plus wine and drinking glasses and some other odds and ends. We also had a couple of ottomans and a wine bar that we liked too.

I think most places with registries offer this, but both C&B and BB&B have completion deals where after the wedding you can purchase leftover things on your registry for a discount (10%?). So we figured even if we put some big ticket items (like furniture) on there and no one bought it, we could buy it for ourselves with a discount if we wanted.

If you like outdoorsy stuff, you can do a registry at REI. We did this and got some daypacks & camping equipment as gifts.

If you like outdoorsy stuff, you can do a registry at REI. We did this and got some daypacks & camping equipment as gifts.

beat me to it :)

if you're a casual car camper, they make a great 2-person sleeping bag... it's not anything you'd take backpacking because it's huge and relatively heavy, but it's perfect for some fireside snuggling.
plus, camp stoves are great for emergencies where water/gas may be off.

lbe, does REI sell the lafuma bags that zip together? those are light/small enough for each person to carry their own, but then you can turn it into a two person bag :)

theoretically if you get any pair of sleeping bags in a right hand zipper and left hand zipper, you can zip them together (but yes, we do have some lafuma bags- not sure if they're the specific ones you're talking about).

theoretically if you get any pair of sleeping bags in a right hand zipper and left hand zipper, you can zip them together (but yes, we do have some lafuma bags- not sure if they're the specific ones you're talking about).

i THINK (and this is just based on what a married couple that i hiked with for a bit told me, i never looked into it myself) that the lafuma bags i'm talking about are actually advertised as being "his and hers" bags. and yeah, in theory any full-zip sleeping bag should be able to zip together. but most aren't the same length, and at least for ultra-light sleeping bags, most that i've seen aren't full-zip to save the weight of the zipper.

that said, the couple i hiked with never could figure out how to actually get theirs zipped together. they said it should be able to happen, but they couldn't get it to work. so it may not be the best investment after all :)

Back