• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

When I told my brother that we were engaged he was confused because he thought we were already engaged and/or married.

every pregnant woman i know (and i know a TON of people who are pregnant right now. seriously...why is the whole world pregnant?) has been told to not have caffeine in any real quantities.

We just had a baby 8 months ago and my wife had almost no caffeine during the pregnancy...maybe 1 or 2 "cheat" diet cokes.

I want to see these tats now. The next tattoo that I want is a word and I thought about having HTTD write it but I also want it to be readable =P
Johnny Depp had his kids write their names and he had them turned into bracelets and while I don't love name tattoos, I kind of love the idea.

I want a word from our wedding song, but Matt is anti-word tattoos and at this point I can't afford a tat anyway (and I am way behind on my "birds I've studied" tattoos too)

I think the caffeine/HFC/sushi etc. stuff is a personal decision to be made with your doctor. I drink a coke zero every day. My doc said I can have 300mg of caffeine a day. The baby is totally healthy and there is no real evidence that aspartame, etc. impacts fetal development.

I looked into the actual studies on caffeine, etc and there is an increased chance of miscarriage in the first trimester and a small elevation after that if you consume more than 300mg/day. So I decided to limit to that (and honestly I never even get over 200.

Ladies, let's talk about (oYo). Pokies (from a female perspective) came up on the chat thread and I thought I would bring up a discussion about bras here that we find to be comfortable or useful (as in the case of RTQ pointing out that some can conceal pokies).

My bra question of the moment is that I'm looking for a new strapless bra now that the weather is getting warmer. I usually buy such things from Vicki's, but was wondering if anyone else can recommend a good strapless?

Ladies, let's talk about (oYo). Pokies (from a female perspective) came up on the chat thread and I thought I would bring up a discussion about bras here that we find to be comfortable or useful (as in the case of RTQ pointing out that some can conceal pokies).

My bra question of the moment is that I'm looking for a new strapless bra now that the weather is getting warmer. I usually buy such things from Vicki's, but was wondering if anyone else can recommend a good strapless?

I just got an amazing one from Dillards. I've worn it a few times and so far it hasn't disappointed. It has a thin rubber lining around the edges which I think does a lot to hold it in place. The brand is "Wacoal"? Never heard of it but I chose it over a Calvin Klein because of the rubberness. Also Dillards has DD, DDD, G, etc and I like to get a little bit larger strapless bra so as to avoid quadraboob.

I'm not much help, but ugh strapless bras never seem to work well for me. I feel like they a) just aren't comfortable, b) don't give much support, and c) you end up being able to see the line of the top of the bra through whatever I'm wearing.

I too would appreciate any advice on a good strapless bra!

This is definitely the first one that I've felt comfortable wearing and didn't feel like I was yanking on all day.

the comfort and support are my biggest complaints with strapless bras. awar, I like the ones with the rubber as well. I'll have to check out Dillards.

for my smaller sisters, the one from american eagle has treated me well the last two summers; has the silicone band to keep things in place and hits at the right place to avoid bra line at the top. i find it quite comfortable.

for my smaller sisters, the one from american eagle has treated me well the last two summers; has the silicone band to keep things in place and hits at the right place to avoid bra line at the top. i find it quite comfortable.

Haha I guess this is the more appropriate term for what I called a "rubber thingy" but those things are the best.

I buy the Biofit from Victoria's Secret. I've got a strapless bra from the same line, and it's satisfactory but not great. I've never found a comfortable one.

for AWAR - "lined" might be called padded by some, but I prefer not to call it that.

:sketch:

My sister called my lined bras "boobs already in" bras because they always hold the shape of a boob. Unlined bras fall flat when they are not being worn, just being one layer of cotton, satin, lace, whatever. However she was having such blatant "pokies" that she switched to lined too and was much happier for it.

and awar, lined = padded, unlined = soft cups
(at least in my vocab)

Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the clearup. My new fav bras are the wireless bras from VS. I always thought wireless wouldn't give support but I was so wrong. They are amazing.

I actually have a "lined" (by this new definition) bra that has padding on the bottom to give me some "lift". Other than that I guess they are lightly lined because they definitely hold their shape but also don't have any padding. That's why I don't usually have pokey (ie?) problems unless it's super cold.

i can have pokies through a lined bra. it's terrible, especially since i'm forever cold.

I always buy the "Very Sexy" convertible bras at VS. That way they can be strapless, regular, crossback, etc. They are lined, so no pokies. I have probably 4 or 5 of them because they fit me better than anything else. I think they are $50, which isn't too bad since you can wear them so many ways!

i've always found that the convertible bras work well as strapless, but i don't find them comfortable when the straps are ON. i feel like the little hook thingies are practically in my arm pit, which isn't even remotely comfortable.

Back