• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

agree so much on button downs. i'll only wear them with skirts. way too masculine for me otherwise.

agree so much on button downs. i'll only wear them with skirts. way too masculine for me otherwise.

ditto. shoulders are too broad/boobs too small otherwise, and i don't like wearing them enough to get one and have it tailored to actually fit me well.

I bought this a couple of years ago and finally wore it over this past Fourth of July weekend. The only reason I still had it was because I lost the receipt and was too lazy to try and return it.

u2ejegej.jpg

yeah I have some from early in my working career, since I figured I was supposed to wear them to be a professional. I feel like they were okay then. I have lost weight though so the "fitted" isn't fitted anymore and they just don't work.

I also kind of need to be able to push my sleeves up (not for work purposes, just for comfort) and rolling the arms up on a button down just isn't the same and looks sloppier somehow.

I bought this a couple of years ago and finally wore it over this past Fourth of July weekend. The only reason I still had it was because I lost the receipt and was too lazy to try and return it.

u2ejegej.jpg

i think it's fine for the setting it looks like you're in (industrial/urban brew pub). it's pretty casual to go anywhere nicer (IMO).

yeah I have some from early in my working career, since I figured I was supposed to wear them to be a professional. I feel like they were okay then. I have lost weight though so the "fitted" isn't fitted anymore and they just don't work.

I also kind of need to be able to push my sleeves up (not for work purposes, just for comfort) and rolling the arms up on a button down just isn't the same and looks sloppier somehow.

lol, same thought here.
oh wait, basically zero girls wear them.

yeahhh,
i tried to get info from my boss before i started about what people in the office wear. his response: I wear a jacket and tie every day, with khakis.

...so on the first day i showed up in wool slacks, button down, heels, pearl earrings.

lol, my boss was in wrinkled cargo khakis, a tweed jacket that looks like it was created for a lumberjack who decided to get fancy (btw, he has about 4 of these in various hues, all tweed), and a paisley tie that i think i last saw on an olive garden waiter.
i was so incredibly uncomfortably overdressed, especially since the first three women i met (who are out in cube land with me) were in jeans (one of them in holey jeans w/ leggings under and uggs).

u2ejegej.jpg

love it! looks like it's j. crew circa last summer. (i have a problem, i know.)

re: girls in button downs-- i like 'em! i think they're a nice, crisp way to "prep" up an outfit. I'm hard to fit though (bigger boobs, smaller waist = gapes at the chest 99% of the time) so I have to size up and then either tailor in or always tuck in at the waist.

I also am a HUGE proponent of belts. geeze i probably wear a belt every day. again, it makes office pants + shirt feel and look kind of complete to me. if you're worried about "calling attention" wear a belt the same color as your pants.

re: khaki pants: i HATE 'em. so uggo. (on girls at least, they're fine/a staple on guys)

B&D I have no particular sense of style or idea of what guys should wear but I think that shirt looks just fine. agree with lbE that it's not like super fancy since the pattern is so bold. I feel like it would fit in with what I see guys wearing on my average nights out at brewpubs and casual bars. lots of guys in just t-shirts there too.

I fiiinally found a pair of khaki-colored pants i like; they're j.crew city slacks, and they're more like suiting pants (nice and crisp w/ a little stretch to them) than they are cotton khakis. length is set to wear them with heels. i think they look nice and my butt looks good... so they're a 'win'. they're a great option for summer when i want to wear pants but grey or black is just too dark.

love it! looks like it's j. crew circa last summer. (i have a problem, i know.)

re: girls in button downs-- i like 'em! i think they're a nice, crisp way to "prep" up an outfit. I'm hard to fit though (bigger boobs, smaller waist = gapes at the chest 99% of the time) so I have to size up and then either tailor in or always tuck in at the waist.

I also am a HUGE proponent of belts. geeze i probably wear a belt every day. again, it makes office pants + shirt feel and look kind of complete to me. if you're worried about "calling attention" wear a belt the same color as your pants.

re: khaki pants: i HATE 'em. so uggo. (on girls at least, they're fine/a staple on guys)

I know I'm weird about my body, but I feel like my work pants already make my tummy look bigger if my shirt is untucked/over the fly and buttons area since it isn't laying flat. There is already two thick layers of fabric to pooch out. adding a belt would add two more layers of thicker material/leather on top of that same spot. Also half of my work pants don't have belt loops so that's not applicable anyway.

B&D I have no particular sense of style or idea of what guys should wear but I think that shirt looks just fine. agree with lbE that it's not like super fancy since the pattern is so bold. I feel like it would fit in with what I see guys wearing on my average nights out at brewpubs and casual bars. lots of guys in just t-shirts there too.

This is what I was questioning. When I put it on i felt like it should be covering a picnic table (at least it was blue and not red!).

1. B&D - I love the larger gingham print & it looks good on you. Definitely suitable for a casual night out.
2. Button-downs - I had one in every color when I was in college and continued to wear them my first few years out of school. (Yes, my style was preppy back in the day and they were typically paired with a wool sweater or jacket). But like dash mentioned, with bigger boobs, they don't fit as well, so I no longer wear them.
3. Khakis - So versatile to have in your wardrobe, especially in summer.

u2ejegej.jpg

Dude, it's a gingham shirt it's 100% completely in style. I have a couple with slightly smaller checks. The only problem I see with it is that it's become too ubiquitous lately.

Back