• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

debating this dress at anthro... it's half off. i'm a sucker for a swingy, girly dress. should i pounce?

25863622_049_b

have you tried it on? I can see a couple spots on that dress that I imagine would look terrible on me.

have you tried it on? I can see a couple spots on that dress that I imagine would look terrible on me.

no, but i have another dress that's a similar fit that i love. and according to the reviews, the fabric has some give so i'm not too worried about it. and if it's awful there's an anthropologie like 20 minutes away from me.

Oh man loveee that 2nd one you posted! Don't think it would work on me but it is adorable!

no, but i have another dress that's a similar fit that i love. and according to the reviews, the fabric has some give so i'm not too worried about it. and if it's awful there's an anthropologie like 20 minutes away from me.

well enjoy the dress! definitely go for it (as you've already decided) if you know it'll fit. I think that would make me look like I was made of hips and armpit fat.

bump from way down page 3!

so I straightened my hair last night. I dislike my curly hair but don't enjoy putting so much effort into making it straight=pretty. I got a new hair dryer which I think did help but it still took about an hour to blowdry and flat iron it. If I do this more often, will it get faster? I can't justify spending an hour on my hair.

if you figure out a way to make it go faster, let me know.

i have never been able to go from wet to straight in less than an hour... that's the curse of thick hair. i'd rather have it than not, but it's a serious PITA.

So I was able to try on the sequiny dress that I love from the Kardashian Kollection. It's perfect... just not on me. WOMP. I tried on 4 dresses though and really liked 3 of them.

KardashianKollection.jpg

#4 was really cute and I kinda wish I could get that one too.

Has anyone here tried one of those sites where you can rent a designer dress for a special occasion, like renttherunway.com? I'm thinking of trying it for our formal in the spring, but I'm curious if anyone knows if it's a good system.

Has anyone here tried one of those sites where you can rent a designer dress for a special occasion, like renttherunway.com? I'm thinking of trying it for our formal in the spring, but I'm curious if anyone knows if it's a good system.

i actually read an article on that in the N&O when I was home three weeks ago, it seemed like a pretty cool thing. the article (obviously) played it up as pretty legit, and i think it seems like a good idea.

So I was able to try on the sequiny dress that I love from the Kardashian Kollection. It's perfect... just not on me. WOMP. I tried on 4 dresses though and really liked 3 of them.

KardashianKollection.jpg

#4 was really cute and I kinda wish I could get that one too.

#4 is SUPER cute, and exactly what I was looking for for my christmas parties that are coming up. I might have to look into that.

I have never done Rent the Runway, but I've seen girls post about it on Wedding Bee before with pretty glowing reviews. I think it's a good option for sure.

Did my first "Wine and Painting" event today! Definitely a fun time. Highly recommend for a fun girls' night/day!

306076_835660637293_1688857119_n.jpg

My friend's sister was the instructor so we had a private event where everyone was somehow connected to my friend, so I knew about half the people there. Good times.

Beautiful!! I just saw that one of the places in WS has a Wait Chapel painting. Might have to do that one!

My gf did the rent the runway thing for my graduation last year and was happy with the results. It was delivered on time and she loved the dress. I would say two thumbs up.

My gf did the rent the runway thing for my graduation last year and was happy with the results. It was delivered on time and she loved the dress. I would say two thumbs up.

The one she wore to actual graduation or the one she wore out to dinner? (I just stalked pictures. I started typing in her name and then erased it realizing that you have fewer pictures and it would be easier to find on yours)

The one she wore to actual graduation or the one she wore out to dinner? (I just stalked pictures. I started typing in her name and then erased it realizing that you have fewer pictures and it would be easier to find on yours)

The one to graduation.

Back