• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

I bought this dress today for a wedding I'm going to this weekend. I like it, but don't think I really have the proper accessories to pair with. I might do more shopping and see if I find something I don't need to buy a new purse, shoes & cover-up for. (while it could be fun to shop shop shop I shouldn't spend that much money.)

2lmkxh2.jpg

I bought this dress today for a wedding I'm going to this weekend. I like it, but don't think I really have the proper accessories to pair with. I might do more shopping and see if I find something I don't need to buy a new purse, shoes & cover-up for. (while it could be fun to shop shop shop I shouldn't spend that much money.)

2lmkxh2.jpg

Do you have nude shoes and/or bag?

ahhhhhhhhh, i LOVE that RTQ! i would just say that you should see if somebody has some jewelry/purse that you could borrow to pair with it (maybe go ahead and buy shoes. chances are you will use the dress again, and you could always use the shoes with other outfits). i really love the dress.

2lmkxh2.jpg

Very cute dress! Black shoes, purse, & shrug would go nicely, I would think...

Yellow shoes would be SOOO cute with that because of the little bit in the dress... but if not, gold or nude would work well and both of those would be super versatile. My gold shoes are probably the ones I wear the most in the summer, so if you don't have any now, I'd really think about purchasing some. I wouldn't do black though because of the large amount of brown in the dress.

Do you have nude shoes and/or bag?

I don't have nude shoes, though I'd been thinking of buying some lately. those are a purchase I'd be willing to make.

ahhhhhhhhh, i LOVE that RTQ! i would just say that you should see if somebody has some jewelry/purse that you could borrow to pair with it (maybe go ahead and buy shoes. chances are you will use the dress again, and you could always use the shoes with other outfits). i really love the dress.

I've just put out some more feelers for borrowing jewelry. fingers crossed I can make it work. and thanks, I think it's super cute though the strapless-ness kind of makes my armpits puffy. I hate "armpit fat".

Very cute dress! Black shoes, purse, & shrug would go nicely, I would think...

the dark part is brown, not black. I have dark brown pumps but they aren't quite dressy enough, I don't think - I'll have to try them on at home.

Yellow shoes would be SOOO cute with that because of the little bit in the dress... but if not, gold or nude would work well and both of those would be super versatile. My gold shoes are probably the ones I wear the most in the summer, so if you don't have any now, I'd really think about purchasing some. I wouldn't do black though because of the large amount of brown in the dress.

Agree. Nude shoes are so clutch.

I bought a nice pair of nude shoes last year because I had so many weddings to go to and I wanted shoes that would match different dresses. I love them. So versatile, and they make your legs look super long.

Very cute dress, RTQ. On the plus side you probably don't have to do much in terms of jewelry since the colors and patterns on the dress are so interesting.

I bought a nice pair of nude shoes last year because I had so many weddings to go to and I wanted shoes that would match different dresses. I love them. So versatile, and they make your legs look super long.

Very cute dress, RTQ. On the plus side you probably don't have to do much in terms of jewelry since the colors and patterns on the dress are so interesting.

I know there is a lot going on in the dress pattern/color, but it seems like there is so much bare skin up top, so it's calling for a necklace. one of my coworkers has some nice turquoise that might go well if she'll lend it to me. I was wearing my hair up in a bun when I tried it on though, I'll wear it down to the wedding and cover up a bunch of that skin. :)

I am aching for a pair of nude shoes!

Also - I just bought these DELICIOUS fudge popsicles at Sam's. Only 100 calories and they are sooo smooth.

just bought a pair of patent nude pumps, LOVE them.

i would think that if you're wearing your hair down, you could get away with a simple gold pendant/gold chain..., maybe some gold bangles so you've got something on your arms.

I don't own gold jewelry. But I'll figure something out!

I just looked at the dress again in different light. Now I'm back to thinking the darkest parts are charcoal to almost-black, instead of brown. If I can't find nude shoes, I might allow myself to just wear black.

How have I made it over 26 years without learning colors? :tard:

I don't own gold jewelry. But I'll figure something out!

I just looked at the dress again in different light. Now I'm back to thinking the darkest parts are charcoal to almost-black, instead of brown. If I can't find nude shoes, I might allow myself to just wear black.

How have I made it over 26 years without learning colors? :tard:

I have a thing that I honestly can't tell if it's blue or black. I've had it a few years.

RTQ that dress is sweet! I need to go dress shopping like whoa for awar's wedding.

if it's really that hard to tell if it's blue or black, i would just wear strappy black sandals. if they're strappy, it won't be so obvious anyway.

if it's really that hard to tell if it's blue or black, i would just wear strappy black sandals. if they're strappy, it won't be so obvious anyway.

RTQ, that dress looks fabulous. It's the perfect dress for this weekend as we bridge from spring to summer. Hoops is absolutely right here. If your sandals are strappy and the color is ambiguous then your natural skin tone will help the sandals blend. There is no need to break the bank to look beautiful and feel great. Just make it work.

Love that dress.

Just reporting in from the salon after I took today off to shop and get a pedi before going to face the inlaws this weekend. Purple toes rock, even more so since my MIL will not like the purple. :)

Back