• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

I'm sure, given time, that you will really grow to like it. It will soon become home. Of course after a year or so you could always move back. Just give it time. I know that whatever happens it will work out!

Ok, feeling a little overwhelmed right now, so I'm throwing my own pity party.
Put in an offer on an apartment this morning, waiting to hear back from them... In the meantime, I went down to the new store where I'll be working and met my supervisor. The drive, without traffic, is 25min. Drove a little bit around Portland and got completely turned around. I don't like not knowing where I'm going. I have no idea where anything is around here, all of my possessions are on a truck, and I'm 2900 miles away from home.
I'm so incredibly nervous about hearing back about the apartment. My stomach is completely in knots.
I don't like this. I'm trying to be positive, but it's a beautiful day and I don't want to go anywhere, I just want to sit inside. I don't know, in driving around I just can't even imagine this ever feeling like home. I'm sure that will change, but right now... not so much.

ok, pity party over. hugs accepted.

:hugs: it's a big step that I can't even fathom. I have faith you will make it feel like home.

Put in an offer on an apartment this morning, waiting to hear back from them... In the meantime, I went down to the new store where I'll be working and met my supervisor. The drive, without traffic, is 25min. Drove a little bit around Portland and got completely turned around. I don't like not knowing where I'm going. I have no idea where anything is around here, all of my possessions are on a truck, and I'm 2900 miles away from home.
I'm so incredibly nervous about hearing back about the apartment. My stomach is completely in knots.
I don't like this. I'm trying to be positive, but it's a beautiful day and I don't want to go anywhere, I just want to sit inside. I don't know, in driving around I just can't even imagine this ever feeling like home. I'm sure that will change, but right now... not so much.

More hugs! Moving to a new city is overwhelming, especially in the first few days when you're trying to get your bearings and don't have a home base set up yet. Hang in there!

lbe, are you a reader? i know i always feel at home in bookstores, regardless of where i am (i'm surprised security didn't have to remove me from the bookstore at dartmouth when i hiked through there. i sat there ALL day and just read several books. i'm quite sure that the students who wanted study space were not happy with me). try going to powell's. take your computer, then you can continue to connect with us. but if bookstores are your thing (i hope they are) then i think it'll make you feel better :)

hoops, that's a really good idea. thanks.

and thanks, all, for the support. sorry for the 'woe is me' moment- it's been a long couple of days.

(hug) (hug) (hug)

It will pass. In three months when the shock is over it'll be much better. (Which doesn't do a damn bit of good now, but anyway....)

this is nothing new, but I am so indecisive.

I have been wanting these shorts for a month. I'm finally going to let myself buy them. I'm not sure if I can pull off the green polka dots or if I should stick with the somewhat tamer brown dots.

I feel like I could wear the brown more often and with more of my existing clothing. but I love green and polka dots too... I just don't want to draw too much attention to my butt/thighs/general shorts area.

11WSUM_WJ027_LBR.jpg
11WSUM_WJ027_BGR.jpg

thoughts/advice? I feel like I'd only wear the green ones with brown, black, gray or white...

I'm a green girl. I saw go with the green. You are a runner. You're hamstrings are likely insane. Show them off. And depending on the green you could wear a blue or pink with them as well!

Of course keep in mind that I have several Lily Pulitzer pants that I love as well.

^I think the brown's definitely more versatile.

thank you for the opinion. as much as I tell myself I want the green, I suspect they'd mostly sit in my drawer. instead of be my drawers. (that might be a stretch...)

"caramel classic spot" it is!

I'm a green girl. I saw go with the green. You are a runner. You're hamstrings are likely insane. Show them off. And depending on the green you could wear a blue or pink with them as well!

Of course keep in mind that I have several Lily Pulitzer pants that I love as well.

I am definitely not a Lily-wearing sort of girl. Nothing wrong with it, just too much color for me. so maybe you could wear a pink or blue (like the model) but I'd feel like a box of crayons.

and thanks for trying, but my legs are a wreck especially when I consider how much running I do. I counteract any good by tons of booze and bad food. :tard:

Your Order [####] placed on Friday, June 10, 2011 at 3:40 AM

OMG. I'm ordering from THE FUTURE!

:hug:

you got this lbe. if anybody in the world can grow to love Portland, it's gotta be you. going through a crazy change like this is overwhelming for anybody at first, but it'll get better with time.

i also totally agree with deachoops idea about bookstores. i do that a lot.

lbe, are you a reader? i know i always feel at home in bookstores, regardless of where i am (i'm surprised security didn't have to remove me from the bookstore at dartmouth when i hiked through there. i sat there ALL day and just read several books. i'm quite sure that the students who wanted study space were not happy with me). try going to powell's. take your computer, then you can continue to connect with us. but if bookstores are your thing (i hope they are) then i think it'll make you feel better :)

:hug:

i also totally agree with deachoops idea about bookstores. i do that a lot.

so, i spent way too much time in the grocery store tonight because of its familiarity. it's another place for me that has the 'bookstore' effect...

so, i spent way too much time in the grocery store tonight because of its familiarity. it's another place for me that has the 'bookstore' effect...

I was just about to ask if there was a Trader Joe's nearby.

this is nothing new, but I am so indecisive.

I have been wanting these shorts for a month. I'm finally going to let myself buy them. I'm not sure if I can pull off the green polka dots or if I should stick with the somewhat tamer brown dots.

I feel like I could wear the brown more often and with more of my existing clothing. but I love green and polka dots too... I just don't want to draw too much attention to my butt/thighs/general shorts area.

11WSUM_WJ027_LBR.jpg
11WSUM_WJ027_BGR.jpg

thoughts/advice? I feel like I'd only wear the green ones with brown, black, gray or white...

RTQ, I see that I'm too late and I'm honestly torn on what to tell you. Personally as a young woman I'd like to see you take a bolder chance and add some color into your wardrobe that really shows of your youth and vitality.

At the end of the day though if you don't feel comfortable and beautiful in what you're wearing then that will be apparent to those around you. If youre not going to wear them then what's the point of wasting your money.

I think that you're selling yourself short and hiding who you are under muted colors. It may take baby steps but try stepping outside of your comfort zone. I just know you have more to offer. Make it work.

Back