• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Well your body only wants to recycle it if you've ovulated and the egg wasn't fertilized. On HBC you don't ovulate and there's no reason for the lining to shed. Basically, you only have a withdrawal bleed (it's not technically a period) on the pill because it's what happens when you aren't on the pill and manufacturers wanted women to feel comfortable...the unnatural part is in taking the hormones in the first place, not in taking them continuously to prevent bleeds. Plus it's more natural to have less bleeds in a lifetime because women who are pregnant/nursing don't have them so decreasing the number of lining sheddings is arguably more natural.

This is the most convincing argument I've ever heard. Also, I didn't know that about the pill. Thanks!

totally non-period/birth control related...

I hate having to figure out what to wear to dress-up functions like weddings. Not that anyone gives two shakes about what I'm wearing but I worry about it way too much. I'd say being a guy would be so much easier but I suppose most still have to choose which color shirt, which color pants, which tie. But still. grumble grumble.

I bought a pair of shoes I only half needed, aren't at all what I wanted, don't really like, and will probably never wear again after this weekend. But they were only $5.34 so I think that's acceptable.

I would say $5.34 is acceptable for shoes you'll wear once :) Any chance of salvaging them/altering them in any way to make the costume shoes?

hmmm they might not be comfortable enough to be worth wearing again in any capacity, but I'll find that out on Saturday night.

But good thought, if I could remove the flowery-decoration and maintain structural integrity of the shoe they could be re-wearable. or if I started going to church or something, they'd be rewearable as is, haha. I have a general hate for backless heel/wedge shoes in most situations (for myself).

so what are you wearing them for?

so one of the guys on millionaire matchmaker is really attractive. really. attractive.

so what are you wearing them for?

I'm going to a wedding this weekend. I went out to buy some nude heels but the only ones with heels I wouldn't break an ankle on, didn't have my size. So the $5 shoes were a substitute, they're light brown.

dr. junk will BE the wedding party I'm sure.

:squint:

so one of the guys on millionaire matchmaker is really attractive. really. attractive.

pics or gtfo

I'm going to see britney spears tonight. I came here to embrace my womanhood.

my lady friend and her friend really enjoyed it. I thought it kind of sucked, but it was certainly an experience. I don't think I've ever been surrounded by that many screaming women, which was kind of cool. At dinner I mentioned how we would be surrounded by screaming teens and tweens all night, and everybody looked at me like I was crazy and pointed out that Britney is pretty old now and her fans will be older which was totally true and made me feel old. Even though people there weren't that old 20s-30s, in my head it was 1998 and I was going to be surrounded by tenny boppers until they gave me a reality check.

so he's really attractive and a millionaire, yeah I bet it's tough for him to get dates.

he turned out to be pretty bizarre; had a woman do a high-fashion photo shoot as their first date, and then he yelled at patty (the match maker) for calling him out on 'testing' the girl with her comfort level, which pissed her off and she threw him out.

ooh, I saw that episode. I kept trying to figure out what was the matter with him ... other than his nasty cat.

Honestly, once I saw him holding his cat, he lost 10 points in my book. I do not like cats. And I like men that like cats even less.

he turned out to be pretty bizarre; had a woman do a high-fashion photo shoot as their first date, and then he yelled at patty (the match maker) for calling him out on 'testing' the girl with her comfort level, which pissed her off and she threw him out.

ooh, I saw that episode. I kept trying to figure out what was the matter with him ... other than his nasty cat.

Honestly, once I saw him holding his cat, he lost 10 points in my book. I do not like cats. And I like men that like cats even less.

And he got a little creepy during the dinner portion of the date; it didn't seem like they had just met.

Have you guys seen Scarlett Johansson's Millionaire Matchmaker skit on SNL? I just watched it for the first time last night and it was fucking hilarious. I can't find it on youtube but here's the clip on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/watch/193065/saturday-night-live-millionaire-matchmaker

saved from page 2!

side note: did awakegirl leave for forever? :(

I don't think her posts are deleted so I guess her account still exists. This past weekend was her wedding so hopefully she's just been happily busy with that!

saved from page 2!

side note: did awakegirl leave for forever? :(

A few ladies have left recently due to the hostility of the posts, rep, and tags. Its a shame IMO. We arent going back and completely deleting their accounts and information because that would wreak havoc to the database and would be deleting their history. We did that once, and it screwed up all the post counts, quotes, and previous threads.

I know you can't stay friends with everyone forever, but I found out via facebook last night that my best friend from high school got engaged over the weekend. I mean, I haven't seen her in a year or so, but it still makes me a bit sad for the days when we were best friends. Kinda doubt I'll be invited to her wedding.

I used to try and make plans with her when I visited my fam in Maryland (she lives in DC) and she wouldn't return my calls and/or things would just fall through at the last minute. So I stopped trying to get in touch as often.

What happened to "make new friends, but keep the old"?

I know you can't stay friends with everyone forever, but I found out via facebook last night that my best friend from high school got engaged over the weekend. I mean, I haven't seen her in a year or so, but it still makes me a bit sad for the days when we were best friends. Kinda doubt I'll be invited to her wedding.

I used to try and make plans with her when I visited my fam in Maryland (she lives in DC) and she wouldn't return my calls and/or things would just fall through at the last minute. So I stopped trying to get in touch as often.

I don't associate with a single person from high school. There are various reasons why, but mostly it always comes back to lives taking different roads. I went to college and made new friends while most of the people in high school stayed there and started families.

I didn't talk to my best friend from high school for a few years (her boyfriend was very good at making her cut everyone out of her life except him). Even when we picked it back up, it definitely wasn't the same. But she did e-mail me a couple days ago saying she finally broke up with him. :woot: I'm hoping this helps our friendship again, but I know it won't ever get back to how close we were in high school.

Back