• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Like, I find a bunch of shit that I want to make or bang or craft and I pin a picture of it on my virtual board and it links to the original source.

So do you have a board full of this?
ryan-gosling-300.jpg

i can never figure out how to find people but my name is just FIrstname S so maybe that helps. how many of my name can there really be?

Just finished making a pillowcase cover for my beautiful niece's big girl bed. It is a cat print, she loves cats.

Ladies: If anyone needs anything to watch, tonight at 10pm TLC is counting down the Top 10 Weddings of 2011.

i have been asked to bring the appetizer for extended-fam celebrations tomorrow. no specific requests. just some form of appetizer. the last two years i've had the same assignment, and have brought spinach artichoke dip. it's been a hit, but i was thinking of mixing it up a bit this year. thought about using chicdeac's buffalo chicken dip. the problem with that is that we have a whole slew of children that won't eat spicy food.

so do i do the same dish that has been done (and redone) several times before? or do i mix it up and then the kiddos are just kind of out of luck? (for the record, i have no idea if they even eat the spinach artichoke dip. probably not)

I say don't worry about the picky kids. If you want to make (and eat) the chicken dip, make it.

I really like pinterest and have plans to make some chalkboard items as well as a paint chip dry erase calendar in the new year but didn't want to venture out to walmart and lowes (they share a parking lot) in this season.

i have been asked to bring the appetizer for extended-fam celebrations tomorrow. no specific requests. just some form of appetizer. the last two years i've had the same assignment, and have brought spinach artichoke dip. it's been a hit, but i was thinking of mixing it up a bit this year. thought about using chicdeac's buffalo chicken dip. the problem with that is that we have a whole slew of children that won't eat spicy food.

so do i do the same dish that has been done (and redone) several times before? or do i mix it up and then the kiddos are just kind of out of luck? (for the record, i have no idea if they even eat the spinach artichoke dip. probably not)

Too late for this, but I made Sausage Balls as an appetizer for my first Christmas with the in-laws (and extended family) yesterday and they were a HUGE hit. And so simple.

We had them for pretty much every church potluck growing up and my mom made them every now and then. They are technically for breakfast, but I think work well as an app too.

Sausage Balls:
1 lb Jimmy Dean pork sausage
8oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
2.5-3 c Bisquick

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Form small balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 min at 375.

So good. So simple. Pretty cheap. Not so healthy, but it's the holidays!

I am trying to grow my nails out so I can paint them. I am failing. Actually, I'm doing a great job at growing them... but terrible at letting them be longer (and by longer I mean have any white). Between piano growing up and climbing, I've never really had any nails to speak of.

I am trying to grow my nails out so I can paint them. I am failing. Actually, I'm doing a great job at growing them... but terrible at letting them be longer (and by longer I mean have any white). Between piano growing up and climbing, I've never really had any nails to speak of.

I'm the same way, but with riding. I used to break nails all the time, so I just stopped trying to grow them out.

I'm the same way, but with riding. I used to break nails all the time, so I just stopped trying to grow them out.

To some extent, I have had trouble growing my nails. Year ago (on two separate occasions) I managed to slam a thumb in a car door. Both times, I broke the thumbs. Each thumb was damaged and I had a VERY difficult time growing them out. A couple months ago I started taking a hair and nail vitamin (important part is the biotin) in order to grow my hair out for the wedding. It is not only increasing the rate at which my hair grows, as well as my hair health, but it has also caused my thumbs nails to grow. The nails are thicker and never break. I'd highly suggest looking into biotin if you want your nails to grow.

To some extent, I have had trouble growing my nails. Year ago (on two separate occasions) I managed to slam a thumb in a car door. Both times, I broke the thumbs. Each thumb was damaged and I had a VERY difficult time growing them out. A couple months ago I started taking a hair and nail vitamin (important part is the biotin) in order to grow my hair out for the wedding. It is not only increasing the rate at which my hair grows, as well as my hair health, but it has also caused my thumbs nails to grow. The nails are thicker and never break. I'd highly suggest looking into biotin if you want your nails to grow.

I will have to look into this -- thanks for the tip. I have always picked at my nails as a stress reliever, and they have always been thin and flaked easily (whether this was a result of the picking, or the picking was an offshoot of the flaking, I guess I'll never know). I have been trying to grow mine out too recently (mostly to cure the bad habit) but they still break and flake really easily.

Anyone know of good places to look for coupons in the Triad area? I'd like to get a Shellac manicure for New Years and/or for my SILs wedding in March but I'd love to be able to knock some $ off of the price!

Anyone know of good places to look for coupons in the Triad area? I'd like to get a Shellac manicure for New Years and/or for my SILs wedding in March but I'd love to be able to knock some $ off of the price!

I see one on Groupon or Living Social about once a week. Also, I think all of the newspapers have their own versions as well.

Back