• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

that's like trying to say "oh, that's manchester plaza". people still call it the mag quad. ...they're still STDs.

I have used their plug in warmers for a while now. Sometimes I feel like it's a little overpriced but what isn't?

Pinterest is changing my eating habits. I made the most amazing red curry last night. I may never go back to my days of getting Thai takeout every week.

Innteresting. I'm having a hard time imagining them but I think meatballs are great because if they're in the crockpot you can just leave them in there to keep warm. Here is another buffalo chicken thing.

ETA: Nevermind, actually looked at the recipe and they aren't for the CP but I still like the meatball idea =)

Attempting these buffalo chicken bites for the super bowl. Will let you all know how they turn out. Thanks for the link, awar.

as for the buffalo chicken meatballs, mine are in the oven right now. BUT, i ran into my best friend at church this morning and told him what i planned to make. he goes "the recipe from the charlotte observer? that's what i'm making too." (thankfully we're not going to the same party) but seriously!?! i find a recipe that i think is going to be different, and my local newspaper has to go and print the SAME FREAKING RECIPE on the week of the super bowl?!!?

eta: and i went and looked it up in the observer. it is actually the exact recipe. linked to the same webpage.

as for the buffalo chicken meatballs, mine are in the oven right now. BUT, i ran into my best friend at church this morning and told him what i planned to make. he goes "the recipe from the charlotte observer? that's what i'm making too." (thankfully we're not going to the same party) but seriously!?! i find a recipe that i think is going to be different, and my local newspaper has to go and print the SAME FREAKING RECIPE on the week of the super bowl?!!?

eta: and i went and looked it up in the observer. it is actually the exact recipe. linked to the same webpage.

Haha oh mann! Hopefully other people going to your party didn't see it =) OR maybe even better - they saw it and thought it looked really good and hoped that someone else made it.

Attempting these buffalo chicken bites for the super bowl. Will let you all know how they turn out. Thanks for the link, awar.

Let me know how they are! I wondered if it would be hard to get them as crispy as they look.

Let me know how they are! I wondered if it would be hard to get them as crispy as they look.

These were amazing. They crisped up really well in the oven and I used fat-free cream cheese and reduced fat cheddar, so while not healthy, they definitely weren't as bad for you as they could be. Kind of a pain in the ass to roll out and bread, but worth it.

Buffalo chicken dip I made for our party turned out pretty awesome too and was super simple.

8oz cream cheese (I used fat free)
1/2 c Frank's Buffalo sauce
1/2 c blue cheese dressing
1/2 c blue cheese
2 12.5oz cans of chicken

Stir it all together and spread it into a pie plate. Bake at 350 for 20 min. Serve with Fritos Scoops and celery.

So tasty.

Haha oh mann! Hopefully other people going to your party didn't see it =) OR maybe even better - they saw it and thought it looked really good and hoped that someone else made it.

nobody else had seen it :). and they were a hit! not terribly spicy (i had read in the reviews that they weren't spicy, but i always hesitate to alter a recipe the first time i try it), but a very strong buffalo flavor. i would definitely do that recipe again!

We made wings just for us and baked one without spices or sauce for Elliott, he loved it. definitely his favorite food so far (Oh, we're skipping purees and doing baby led weaning - a process where you just give them whatever you're eating and they learn about food that way while still getting most of their nutrition from nursing or formula...I realized saying we gave our 6 month old a chicken wing might sound weird...of course it still might)

Ha, I watched the super bowl with my friend last night and her 5 1/2 month old. The image of feeding her a chicken wing confused me before I got to your explanation. Adorable age, though, she was all giggly.

And, since we are sharing our super bowl fixins, we made stuffed mushrooms. Stuffing included sauteed onions, bacon, feta, cream cheese and spinach. Pretty tasty, although it's crazy how much mushrooms shrink when you cook them.

Ha, I watched the super bowl with my friend last night and her 5 1/2 month old. The image of feeding her a chicken wing confused me before I got to your explanation. Adorable age, though, she was all giggly.

And, since we are sharing our super bowl fixins, we made stuffed mushrooms. Stuffing included sauteed onions, bacon, feta, cream cheese and spinach. Pretty tasty, although it's crazy how much mushrooms shrink when you cook them.

wow, i wish i had been at your party. that sounds sooooo good.

We did a party just for the three of us. Queso, pizza and a cookie cake that my son and I made. Fun times. Nothing fancy, but it was fun to do that kind of stuff with an eight year old.

Back