• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Ooh, I like the sound of this outfit! Gray & pink is such a classic color combination and the sequins make it current.

On the topic of "dressing nicely", I feel there's a difference between dressing nicely & dressing up. Maybe it's just semantics, but to me dressing nicely just means an outfit which looks good on you, and makes you feel good because you look good. Dressing nicely can be a casual outfit that you rock the hell out of, be it because you look stunning in the color or because it just fits you to a tee. It can also be a well-put-together work outfit. All of this can be done off sale racks, TJ Maxx, or other discount stores. Dressing up is more occasion-related and you tend to wear something that isn't in your regular rotation. But that's just me. :noidea:

I think, in the same vein, that dressing nicely, whether it is casual or work or dress up, means you look like you care and are put together. I.e. you are wearing things that fit, are well made, clean, etc. Not just a ratty t-shirt and jeans with worn out shoes.

I think, in the same vein, that dressing nicely, whether it is casual or work or dress up, means you look like you care and are put together. I.e. you are wearing things that fit, are well made, clean, etc. Not just a ratty t-shirt and jeans with worn out shoes.

This. No matter the occasion, whether I am wearing something really casual or going out for a night on the town, I try to look very put together. For me, it's about making an outfit out of things: rather than just throwing on any t-shirt and jeans, I will wear my jeans and plain t-shirt with a statement necklace and some cute shoes to pull everything together.

I've recently decided to get back in to necklaces. I used to wear them a lot but then working with babies and seeing the same 10 people every day in grad school combined to make me wear less jewelry. Time to get back in to it!

I prefer the hobo look, are you guys telling me the babez dont like it?

I've recently decided to get back in to necklaces. I used to wear them a lot but then working with babies and seeing the same 10 people every day in grad school combined to make me wear less jewelry. Time to get back in to it!

Yea I'm definitely going through a necklace phase right now. It used to be earrings, but now I find myself buying more and more necklaces. It's good because I have enough of both now that I can switch up the same outfit just by wearing big earrings instead of a necklace or vice versa.

i'm also on a necklace kick. i need to be on an earrings kick... i always lose earrings though (which is why i should be buying more), so maybe it's best that i'm sticking to necklaces.

Yea I'm definitely going through a necklace phase right now. It used to be earrings, but now I find myself buying more and more necklaces. It's good because I have enough of both now that I can switch up the same outfit just by wearing big earrings instead of a necklace or vice versa.

likewise. big necklace kick lately.

I have a few necklaces but sometimes I don't think I know how to wear them. Like I feel like I can't get them to fit inside the collar of a shirt just right, and like I need a rounder necklace for a round neck collar or a necklace that lays in more of a V (something with a charm usually) for a v-neck collar. I think I need another long necklace, but those are awkward if they decide to only hang around one side of your chest.

lol at me I'm bad at everything about being female. Maybe if my parents had been rich and I could have been a debutante someone would have taught me to be a lady. :thumbsup:

I have a few necklaces but sometimes I don't think I know how to wear them. Like I feel like I can't get them to fit inside the collar of a shirt just right, and like I need a rounder necklace for a round neck collar or a necklace that lays in more of a V (something with a charm usually) for a v-neck collar. I think I need another long necklace, but those are awkward if they decide to only hang around one side of your chest.

I agree that sometimes it can be awkward trying to make certain necklaces work with different necklines. Whenever that situation arises I just opt for some fun earrings instead. Also, I think it's easiest if you dont try to match up the shape of the necklace with the neckline of your shirt or dress. Last weekend I was wearing a new dress with a v-neck and was really tempted to wear a bib necklace that had a v shape to it, but it almost matched up too perfectly and didn't work. Went with new earrings instead :)

lol at me I'm bad at everything about being female. Maybe if my parents had been rich and I could have been a debutante someone would have taught me to be a lady. :thumbsup:

around your neck :)

for realsies, though- just pick the one that makes you feel best that day. it has nothing to do with being a deb (i definitely was NOT one).

Man, all this fashion talk really makes me miss dressing up for work - now I just wear scrubs. I used to wear dresses about every day and now I have a closet full sitting there :-(

lol deb parties defs don't teach you how to wear necklaces... it's mainly just a gigantic lilly pulitzer convention/excuse to throw a ton of cutesy parties before wedding age sets in.

lily pulitzer: i don't get it.

there, i said it.

I have a cousin who constantly looks like she walked out of a Lily Pulitzer ad. She loves it. Not really my style, but I respect the love of bright colors.

i mean, i like bright colors, too - i'm wearing purple suede flats as i type.... but lilly is like bright color vomit. colors going eeeeeverywhere.

the only dress of hers that i've seen and really liked was blue and had small red trucks on it.

Back