• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shoe Repair

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea about what it would cost me to get a men's dress shoe repaired? The heel ended up coming off and I am not sure if it would be worth it to try to get it fixed or to buy a new pair.

Thanks in advance.

Not too much in the grand scheme of things. If these are >$100 shoes you should get them repaired. I've had work done on my nicer shoes, and it's reasonable (<$20) and prolongs the life of shoes that I spent a lot of money on and that I wear often.

I've taken several nice pairs of shoes to this place and have been very happy with the results. Don't know where you are. But I agree that expensive shoes are generally worth repairing, rather than replacing. To a point.

Hmm I'm in the DC area. Less that 20 bucks to repair them and I would definitely go for it. My issue right now is that they are not "cheap" shoes but they are by no means expensive either.

They are basically like $130-50 Cole Haans. Save the criticism from the people here with high end shoes please. I know exactly what I bought and they fit the budget at this point in my life quite nicely.

If around $20 bucks is the rate, I might as well fix them up and get some more miles out of them. Thanks

The cobbler is located between the cooper and the blacksmith, just past the haberdasher on peasants' row.

p-shoemaker.jpg

I think the $20 estimate seems low. I bet they talk you into re-sole at the same time and if so it is going to run you more like $50.

Hmm I'm in the DC area. Less that 20 bucks to repair them and I would definitely go for it. My issue right now is that they are not "cheap" shoes but they are by no means expensive either.

They are basically like $130-50 Cole Haans. Save the criticism from the people here with high end shoes please. I know exactly what I bought and they fit the budget at this point in my life quite nicely.

If around $20 bucks is the rate, I might as well fix them up and get some more miles out of them. Thanks

I don't know where you are in DC but there are a lot of places that can do it for reasonable prices. I take all of my shoes to Sargent Cleaners in Glover Park (around the 2400 block of Wisconsin right next to Rocklands) and they do a very good job. It might be more than $20, but I'm sure it's less than $40. Regardless, for a pair of $130-150 shoes, spending $40 to fix the sole is defs worth it if the leather is still nice enough.

Hmm...costs must be lower where I am, as I had one of my decent shoes resoled 4 years ago or so for $20 or $25.

Regardless, if you have nice shoes, there's no reason not to repair them. A good quality repair will last years, particularly if you don't wear the shoes every day.

Hmm...costs must be lower where I am, as I had one of my decent shoes resoled 4 years ago or so for $20 or $25.

Regardless, if you have nice shoes, there's no reason not to repair them. A good quality repair will last years, particularly if you don't wear the shoes every day.
That's a really low price.

I don't know what it costs in North Carolina, but it depends on what type of shoes you have. I send my high end shoes to Manhattan (now everyone can criticize me, but they only have the right materials to fix certain shoes in certain places), but my Cole Haan Nike Air's, which are my go to work shoe, I take to a cobbler in Providence and he does minor fixes for like $15 a shoe.

$20-$25 to for a full resole of a pair of men's dress shoes is cheap anywhere except for maybe Hong Kong.

ITC is always hatin on nice shoes.

Every respectable man should know of a good cobbler.

i'm sure girls' shoes are different pricing. but i always get new tips put on my heels if the tips wear out before the rest of the shoe. it only costs $8-$10, so compared to a whole new pair of shoes, it just makes sense to get them repaired.

i'm sure girls' shoes are different pricing. but i always get new tips put on my heels if the tips wear out before the rest of the shoe. it only costs $8-$10, so compared to a whole new pair of shoes, it just makes sense to get them repaired.

This is usually what I need too- or the little thing on the end of the heel falls off or gets chipped. I have never actually had shoes resoled outside of Loubs and those are like $200 to do. I seriously doubt it would be that much for anything else.

This is usually what I need too- or the little thing on the end of the heel falls off or gets chipped. I have never actually had shoes resoled outside of Loubs and those are like $200 to do. I seriously doubt it would be that much for anything else.

that's what i was calling "tips." i guess i have no idea what they're actually called, but yeah, that's the repair that i always have to get done. they fall off.

Back