• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting in Colorado

Dunno - I literally saw the sign and was like "Not coming here on Tuesdays". I will ask the next time I am in. Keep in mind, I live in Mormon country so they probably just assume the mom is the primary care giver.

Most definitely a place to avoid. Unless you have a nice supply of Valium. Come to think of it, both those sentences apply to anyone living in Mormon country.

I get the idea, but that's aggravating to dads like me who are equally as active in our kids' lives as our wives. Are dads allowed too or is this one of those things where any male presence is a threat that must be avoided?

you serious clark?

you serious clark?

You know it.

mr.-mom.jpg

Reactions: ITK
I feel like nothing I have to say or any of the thoughts I have surrounding this incident do justice to the lives lost or the tragedy that occurred. I have questions about it all, sure, but what I keep coming back to is the sadness people are feeling right now for lives cut short. My prayers to all those affected, and prayers that copy-cat incidents don't occur.

I'm telling you man - all these medical students are wound so tight, it's no shock one goes off like this. Who knows this kid's exact background (sure it will all come out), but going for a double MD/PHD in neuroscience to shooting up innocent people in a theater. Something major was off in this kid's head. Here's hoping after putting him to death, they can study his own brain.

Twitter account of American Rifleman, an official journal of the NRA, @NRA_Rifleman posted this morning "Good morning, shooters. Happy Friday! Weekend plans? "

Has since been deleted

"Holmes also left the same song playing on repeat inside his home, where a poster of Will Ferrell from the movie “Anchorman” hung in the kitchen.

In an online rental application last year, Holmes described himself as a “quiet and easy-going medical student,” the Post reported. He was reportedly seeking his Ph.D. in neuroscience."

Seeing stories in other cities now that police are on alert for copy-cats at other theaters showing this movie. Hell/handbasket.

[Updated 11:29 a.m. ET] U.S. military service members were among the victims of the shooting, according to Pentagon spokesman George Little. CNN's Barbara Starr reports that Little could not yet say how many or whether they were injured or killed. Buckley Air Force Base has said some of its personnel were injured in the shooting. Air Force, Army and reserves troops are stationed at Buckley.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/2...-just-firing-picking-random-people/?hpt=hp_t1

Pretty upsetting. These guys go overseas to jump in front of bullets, and get shot watching a movie at home.

sounds kind of like the way george patton died. went through years of war only to die in a car wreck like a month after getting home

Seeing stories in other cities now that police are on alert for copy-cats at other theaters showing this movie. Hell/handbasket.

Obviously way low on the importance scale, but I wonder of this affects ticket sales at all this weekend.

Obviously way low on the importance scale, but I wonder of this affects ticket sales at all this weekend.

Of course it's low on the importance scale, but still a very interesting question. My best guess is that there will be a significant drop in ticket sales. I don't care what you say - go ask the average American to go sit in a packed and pitch black theater tonight to watch The Dark Knight. I'm sure there are a lot of people who won't let this change what they do, but there are a TON of people who are going to wait until DVD. I'll probably be one of them... Movies are meant to be enjoyed and I feel like it would be tough to actually concentrate on the movie itself.

Not sure to many people planning to go see it will wait until DVD. Maybe wait until later in the cycle.

Not sure to many people planning to go see it will wait until DVD. Maybe wait until later in the cycle.

I was going to go see it - but I have enough going on in my life that waiting until iTunes won't devastate me. I'm also a big pansy...

Back