• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should Moonz Be Able To Keep His Beloved Parodies?

Pray for Unwiped Ass!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrangod

Reaction score
“Then Peter came up and said to him, ‘Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?’ Jesus said to him, ‘I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.’”

--Matthew 18:21-22

Moonz never should've given his word to remove the parodies if we made the goal if he didn't want to lose them.

Moonz never should've given his word to remove the parodies if we made the goal if he didn't want to lose them.

I am a man of my word. Just having some fun at the end of the line. All parodies will be de-commissioned except the one I choose to save.

Don't you worry about that, sweets!

IMO Parodies are funnier when they are clever, well written, or subtle. Moonz parodies swerve between vitriolic, immature, and boorish. It's mean-spirited or it's kindergarten humor with not much in-between. The former completely rubs me the wrong way (if you want to roast someone, call them out oldgoldbeard style and make damn sure it's funny), the latter is just meh, but it can be appropriate in the right situations I guess.

Then Moonz plays the plama card of "It's supposed to be lame and unfunny, that's the joke all along!". [Insert Jennifer Lawrence OK.gif]

But whatever. I'm too busy most of these days to provide discussion fodder that often or do anything but read the boards once or twice a day, so if moonz wants to keep posting lame crap and people appreciate that filler then whatever. I get that he wants to contribute and thinks he's doing the boards a valuable service, just not for me *shrug*

Great poll...most of the yes votes are by moon...

IMO Parodies are funnier when they are clever, well written, or subtle. Moonz parodies swerve between vitriolic, immature, and boorish. It's mean-spirited or it's kindergarten humor with not much in-between. The former completely rubs me the wrong way (if you want to roast someone, call them out oldgoldbeard style and make damn sure it's funny), the latter is just meh, but it can be appropriate in the right situations I guess.

Then Moonz plays the plama card of "It's supposed to be lame and unfunny, that's the joke all along!". [Insert Jennifer Lawrence OK.gif]

But whatever. I'm too busy most of these days to provide discussion fodder that often or do anything but read the boards once or twice a day, so if moonz wants to keep posting lame crap and people appreciate that filler then whatever. I get that he wants to contribute and thinks he's doing the boards a valuable service, just not for me *shrug*

Thanks for sharing.

Back