• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should there be consequences for PACs that don't stand up for free speech?

Has it been mentioned that the video has been on YouTube since last April and that there have been plenty of articles written about Milo's "relationship" with his priest and his pro-pedophilia stance?

Just because CPAC and jhmd have finally paid attention to the fact that Milo is an asshole doesn't mean that he hasn't been an asshole for awhile.

I'm just shocked that CPAC and jhmd are such snowflakes and are such opponents of free speech!

Just because CPAC and jhmd have finally paid attention to the fact that Milo is an asshole doesn't mean that he hasn't been an asshole for awhile.

I'm just shocked that CPAC and jhmd are such snowflakes and are such opponents of free speech!

Apparently this story didn't bother the arch-conservatives at Cal when they extended the invite. Stick to one version of events, please.

Apparently this story didn't bother the arch-conservatives at Cal when they extended the invite. Stick to one version of events, please.

It didn't and that's a problem. The SJW left has been aware of this incident for some time. It's one of many incidents that contributes to Milo's reputation as an asshole and an asshole who shouldn't be given a podium from which to be an asshole.

You're so close to taking that sweet, sweet L.

ETA:
Maybe the CPAC should have done their homework instead of trying to STICK IT TO THE LIBERAL ELITES before bringing Milo to keynote their convention.

This is kind of the point. There are plenty of "conservative" perspectives worth fighting for in the speech wars; Milo's is not one of them.

It didn't and that's a problem. The SJW left has been aware of this incident for some time. It's one of many incidents that contributes to Milo's reputation as an asshole and an asshole who shouldn't be given a podium from which to be an asshole.

You're so close to taking that sweet, sweet L.

This would be a valid point if there was an ounce of consistency behind it. Of course, there isn't. Look at who the left invites to speak on their campuses without blinking an eye.

This would be a valid point if there was an ounce of consistency behind it. Of course, there isn't. Look at who the left invites to speak on their campuses without blinking an eye.

I'll go ahead and go on record for the entirety of "the left" and condone anybody who gives a platform to somebody who engages consistently in racist, sexist, pro-pedophilia, or otherwise despicable speech. That includes Milo.

What are you talking about? Take your own advice: "stick to one version of events, please."

Do you retract your support of Milo or not given the fact that these statements were out there in the world and proponents of your politics (yourself very much included) nevertheless supported his speech anyway.

vs.

I was pissed about Milo being invited to Berkeley (and any setting where he's given a platform to spew his speech if I'm being honest) and I remain pissed that he continues to be given a platform by the right, center, and left alike. I would feel similarly if there were a similar situation with a left-leaning speaker. I would call that consistent. Wouldn't you?

Your beliefs on Milo are consistent?

They're probably too busy knowing the difference between a public university the pretends to care about free speech and a private organization acting on wholly different information.

I get the distinction, but it would be pretty hypocritical for an organization consisting largely of people who criticized the university for canceling the same person to do themselves and then try justify it on the grounds that they're a private organization.

Or maybe you disagree?

Also the wholly different information thing is BS. It was pretty easy to tell that Milo was a scumbag before this came out.

I'll go ahead and go on record for the entirety of "the left" and condone anybody who gives a platform to somebody who engages consistently in racist, sexist, pro-pedophilia, or otherwise despicable speech. That includes Milo.

Yep. That's how much the right hates Hillary. She expressed her disdain for people who engage in such speech so the right embraced them out of spite.

What are you talking about? Take your own advice: "stick to one version of events, please."

Do you retract your support of Milo or not given the fact that these statements were out there in the world and proponents of your politics (yourself very much included) nevertheless supported his speech anyway.

vs.

I was pissed about Milo being invited to Berkeley (and any setting where he's given a platform to spew his speech if I'm being honest) and I remain pissed that he continues to be given a platform by the right, center, and left alike. I would feel similarly if there were a similar situation with a left-leaning speaker. I would call that consistent. Wouldn't you?

So were you similarly outraged when Ahmadinejad spoke at Columbia?

I didn't know about the comments, obviously. I found out about them when CPAC invite got rescinded. Prior to that, I enjoyed how easily he pointed out the insecurities behind a lot of the left. He was entertaining, not convincing. The fact that you guys could not figure out he was trolling you was fairly compelling proof of how nose-blind you guys are to your own scent.

Yep. That's how much the right hates Hillary. She expressed her disdain for people who engage in such speech so the right embraced them out of spite.

When she wasn't smearing the women who accused her husband of sexual assault. Feminist hero.

I didn't know about the comments, obviously. I found out about them when CPAC invite got rescinded. Prior to that, I enjoyed how easily he pointed out the insecurities behind a lot of the left. He was entertaining, not convincing. The fact that you guys could not figure out he was trolling you was fairly compelling proof of how nose-blind you guys are to your own scent.

This is part of the problem. You got trolled, too.

Cal would never have extended this invite if they had this to run with. They were looking for any convenient excuse to cancel this speech. The revisionism I.T.T. is impressive.

Hmm, I'm not sure I'm ok with this class action.

Cal would never have extended this invite if they had this to run with. They were looking for any convenient excuse to cancel this speech. The revisionism I.T.T. is impressive.

You don't think that Milo critics are aware of a well-publicized incident that happened over a year ago that Milo critics criticized when it first came to light? You didn't know anything about him before you defended him. That's okay. Defend your boy all you want because you want to stick it to liberals, but that won't make him worth defending. Conservatives should probably take this message to heart given the rise of the alt-right. A lot of questionable speech among those folks.

Last edited:
Back