• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should women be allowed to play in the NFL?

?

• Yes

Votes: 52 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 37 40.2%
  • not sure

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
are they explicitly banned as it is?

No. Ironically, it's women's sports which tend to have rules explicitly requiring gender identification. The LPGA, for example, does not allow men to play. The PGA, as we learned from the silly follies of the original Danica Patrick a/k/a Michelle Wie, has no such prohibitions.

No. Ironically, it's women's sports which tend to have rules explicitly requiring gender identification. The LPGA, for example, does not allow men to play. The PGA, as we learned from the silly follies of the original Danica Patrick a/k/a Michelle Wie, has no such prohibitions.

Not sure irony is the word you're looking for here.

Just good common sense. I could have competed in the Olympic 800M for women in my peak physical shape, but I didn't even run the solo event for my hs track team.

Not sure irony is the word you're looking for here.

Just good common sense. I could have competed in the Olympic 800M for women in my peak physical shape, but I didn't even run the solo event for my hs track team.

Irony because women golfers demand gender equality... while having a policy on their tour which doesn't.

Definetly not the girly ones. The manly ones sure why not but they need to be really really tough

Of course not....they should stay in the kitchen and laundry room. :dancindeac:

Irony because women golfers demand gender equality... while having a policy on their tour which doesn't.

I feel like all Title IX establishes is just an equal number of men and women's sports. The rest is just a fairness thing. Still don't really see the irony, but I guess I'm splitting hairs.

Other considerations I'm not sure we've covered:

Do women make 80% pay to match national salary averages?
Do they get their own locker rooms? Feel like that would be a decent sized cost to the league.

For those of you who voted no, if you had reassurances no rules would change, would you change your vote to yes?

I feel like all Title IX establishes is just an equal number of men and women's sports. The rest is just a fairness thing. Still don't really see the irony, but I guess I'm splitting hairs.

94 is saying that things would be better if men could play on the LPGA Tour.

Other considerations I'm not sure we've covered:

Do women make 80% pay to match national salary averages?
Do they get their own locker rooms? Feel like that would be a decent sized cost to the league.

For those of you who voted no, if you had reassurances no rules would change, would you change your vote to yes?

Large Hawaiian men would provide a buffer for when the ladies need to shower.

Didn't Annika Sorenstam play in a men's event before Wie?

I would LOVE for a female to make an NFL roster. And I'd love to have more Danica Patricks, Michelle Wies and Annika Sorenstams. Maybe then we can rid of the WNBA and the LPGA and all the other leagues that have inferior competition but exist because of the notion that equal rights should extend to the opportunity to play pro sports and get college scholarships.

I might get slammed for this, but as an unathletic male, I've always had a problem with Title IX. If two people have equal skills, but one is worthy of a scholarship because she's female, isn't that the opposite of "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance"? Athletic scholarships are given out based on how good at sports you are. At the point that we're making exceptions for the sake of equality, why not also have a Title IX for short people? Fat people? Unathletic white guys?

Women should NEVER be discriminated against in the workplace, classroom, socially, etc. But in the sports world, where I've been excluded for years because I'm not athletic, why do they get an exception solely because of gender?

i feel like 99% of women would get totally fucked on higher-level organized sports if title ix didn't exist

If there ever was a woman who was +200lbs, could run a 4.5 second 40 yard dash and had the athleticism of an elite male athlete, then they should be allowed to play....but no such woman ever has or ever will exist.

I agree with the pussification talk, but it's moot because it just can't happen.
I don't even think there will be a woman with enough leg to match the legs of NFL kickers

But what about your mother?

I smell a fish-out-of-water comedy starring Adam Sandler.

don't women already have their own football league?

Lingerie-League1.jpg

Back