• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Show Your Minimum Wage Budget

If I was on minimum wage, we'd probably move in with my inlaws: no "housing" payment and my utilities would be cut in half!

Or I could just quit my job and go on welfare: a free apartment, satellite TV with every possible channel (even the Mexican ones), and a smart phone for every person in the family!

Well moving in with in laws isn't a luxury everyone enjoys who is on minimum wage. Where are you getting a free apartment from by going on welfare? I'm not sure I follow. Can you explain or are you just trolling with no substance?

Unless you share a bedroom in shared dwelling, you can't live on minimum wage in Socal o the Bay Are or NYC or many other places.

Well moving in with in laws isn't a luxury everyone enjoys who is on minimum wage. Where are you getting a free apartment from by going on welfare? I'm not sure I follow. Can you explain or are you just trolling with no substance?

numbers, meet Rico.

Apparently because somebody on this thread knows a guy, there is definitely no shortage of low income housing in America.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Apparently because somebody on this thread knows a guy, there is definitely no shortage of low income housing in America.

Directed at me? PH asked for is to do OUR budget. I explained my budget. Them proceeded to explain that low income housing was pretty unique to my area.

Directed at me? PH asked for is to do OUR budget. I explained my budget. Them proceeded to explain that low income housing was pretty unique to my area.

You're cool. This kind of thread just grinds my gears. I suspect many on here from the right and the left really overestimate the availability of low income housing, and underestimate the mobility problems associated with government assistance, especially regarding rural areas. Life for a vast many people isn't as simple as just riding your bike or taking the bus from your centrally located 200$ apartment to your conveniently located workplace, and as anyone who's lived in the real world should know, you can't simply parse out a budget into 5 or 10 set payments.

You'd think more people would step up and show the poors in their state how to live.

1 accident, illness, sick loved one, or economic downturn/layoff cycle from flat broke.

Back