• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Showtime Program Series, anything good out there?

TARDAWG

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Are there any worth watching? Enough to keep paying the $9.00 a month. There was a time when my DVR was pretty much filled with just the Showtime Series programs, but recently I have quit watching the channel(s) all together. Unlike most, I still enjoy Homeland, but other than that I have grown tired of their other series and have not found many of their newer series that keep me wanting more.

Are there any suggested shows on Showtime to keep me paying? or would you switch to HBO? Or I could get and extra plate of Hot wings and a beer each month.

Shameless and Masters of Sex are both awesome. Penny Dreadful started decently so we'll see.

Liked the first few Episodes of Masters of Sex, but that won’t start back until the fall right? Anyone know when Homeland will start back up?

Showtime is nice and all, but if it's an either/or choice between Showtime and HBO, then HBO just blows Showtime out of the water. HBO series have quality and quantity over Showtime. Go with HBO

I read that Homeland's next season is going to be set in Charlotte but that they will no longer actually be filming in Charlotte. Thought that was very strange. Some place in Virginia is going to stand in for Charlotte.

edit: I know I read that tidbit in an article in the Charlotte observer a while back and it said there was going to be terrorist activity in the charlotte banking industry. Maybe that was a spoof and I just didn't get it. Maybe I dreamed it. But can't find anything on web now other than what Biff just said.

Last edited:
Homeland is filming in Cape Town next season, which will be the stand-in for Istanbul, where Carrie is the new CIA station chief.

edit: I know I read that tidbit in an article in the Charlotte observer a while back and it said there was going to be terrorist activity in the charlotte banking industry.

LOL. That would be hilarious...Charlotte served as the stand-in for DC in past seasons, and then, because they've used all of the sites around Charlotte, they'd have to film in another city as a stand-in for Charlotte.

Masters of Sex is one of the best shows on TV.

Penny has started well, its a more mature version of what American Horror Story brings to the table.

Showtime's movie catalog certainly sucks balls.

I really enjoy Masters of Sex and Homeland, but agree with BBD that if I had to only choose one, I'd pick HBO over Showtime for sure.

Back