• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Simpsons are getting their own Springfield at Universal Studios

Makes a lot of sense. The kids who grew up watching The Simpsons now have kids.

Universal in LA is not that great.

Awesome.

Universal > Disney

I'm a Disney Parks fanboy and I agree at least in terms of park improvements the last 5 years.

New Fantasyland is nothing compared to what Universal and SeaWorld have done. Disney is stagnant.

The escalator to nowhere is going to require a crazy insurance policy.

The escalator to nowhere is going to require a crazy insurance policy.

2.png

I'm a Disney Parks fanboy and I agree at least in terms of park improvements the last 5 years.

New Fantasyland is nothing compared to what Universal and SeaWorld have done. Disney is stagnant.

What do you know about this new Star Wars park? You have to think that Disney was limited in some ways by contemporary content. I would think that Marvel and LucasArts should open up tons of new avenues for that.

shoulda just made Itchy and Scratchy Land...where nothing can possiblay go wrong...possibly go wrong.

That's the first thing that's ever gone wrong.

sort of off topic, but I really would like to see a virtual reality experience that would involve self exploration, instead of an automated virtual ride. Do we not have holodeck technology yet?

What do you know about this new Star Wars park? You have to think that Disney was limited in some ways by contemporary content. I would think that Marvel and LucasArts should open up tons of new avenues for that.

The new Star Wars park is just a rumor fueled by the acquisition of LucasFilm. Disney had a longstanding partnership with LucasFilm before the acquisition. I think if they wanted to build a Star Wars themed area, they probably could have done it already. This would obviously make it easier though.

If they want to expand the Star Wars presence, they should just add a Star Wars area to Hollywood Studios. They could level the Streets of America, Muppet-Vision, Lights, Motor, Action, and the Backlot Tour. Wall that area off and use Star Tours as the entrance to a new Star Wars area. Streets of America is a waste of space except for the Osborne Lights at Christmas. The window to do anything cool and new with the Muppets has closed. Lights, Motor, Action and the Backlot Tour are unpopular attractions that take up a lot of space. It would add more action to that side of the park. Right now, the area with the Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster is packed and the Animation area and Pixar Place are getting there. The rest is sparse.

I don't think "contemporary content" is a problem. Disney has tons of content they can work with in Disney World. Pixar has been huge for them, yet there are only 7 Pixar themed attractions in all four parks. There are two for the Toy Story trilogy, one for A Bug's Life, one for Monsters Inc, and three for Finding Nemo, and only the Toy Story ones and Living Seas with Nemo are actual rides. There's nothing representing the last 10 years of Pixar except Toy Story 3. They can't do Marvel attractions at Disney World due to their deal with Universal. They are building a Stark Expo section at Disneyland. I think they're doing some Marvel stuff at one of the parks in Japan.

Last edited:
The new Star Wars park is just a rumor fueled by the acquisition of LucasFilm. Disney had a longstanding partnership with LucasFilm before the acquisition. I think if they wanted to build a Star Wars themed area, they probably could have done it already. This would obviously make it easier though.

If they want to expand the Star Wars presence, they should just add a Star Wars area to Hollywood Studios. They could level the Streets of America, Muppet-Vision, Lights, Motor, Action, and the Backlot Tour. Wall that area off and use Star Tours as the entrance to a new Star Wars area. Streets of America is a waste of space except for the Osborne Lights at Christmas. The window to do anything cool and new with the Muppets has closed. Lights, Motor, Action and the Backlot Tour are unpopular attractions that take up a lot of space. It would add more action to that side of the park. Right now, the area with the Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster is packed and the Animation area and Pixar Place are getting there. The rest is sparse.

I don't think "contemporary content" is a problem. Disney has tons of content they can work with in Disney World. Pixar has been huge for them, yet there are only 7 Pixar themed attractions in all four parks. There are two for the Toy Story trilogy, one for A Bug's Life, one for Monsters Inc, and three for Finding Nemo, and only the Toy Story ones and Living Seas with Nemo are actual rides. There's nothing representing the last 10 years of Pixar except Toy Story 3. They can't do Marvel attractions at Disney World due to their deal with Universal. They are building a Stark Expo section at Disneyland. I think they're doing some Marvel stuff at one of the parks in Japan.

Sounds like Ph's mousy obsession doesn't end with brunettes.

If Leonard Nimoy isn't constantly riding the monorail, I'm out.

hollywood studios is by far the lamest disney park. we found it hard to find enough to do there to fill up a whole day. I'm with PH on bulldozing streets of america and the muppets. Sorry, muppets. I'd rather have a sweet VR Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter coaster.

hollywood studios is by far the lamest disney park. we found it hard to find enough to do there to fill up a whole day. I'm with PH on bulldozing streets of america and the muppets. Sorry, muppets. I'd rather have a sweet VR Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter coaster.

If you want to do everything at Hollywood Studios, it's tough to do so because everything either has a long wait or is a long attraction or both like the shows. The shows tend to be at the best times to get on the rides. It's also the worst park for small kids.

If you want to do everything at Hollywood Studios, it's tough to do so because everything either has a long wait or is a long attraction or both like the shows. The shows tend to be at the best times to get on the rides. It's also the worst park for small kids.

yes. our kids were 3 and 5 at the time.

Back