• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sinkholes

Ranks right up there of the worst ways to go, buried alive. I mean what are the odds???

that's terrifying, and how traumatic for his brother, too.

Of course Florida, out of the news for a mere 2 days, feels it isn't getting the attention it deserves and opens the earth beneath someone's house.

These sinkholes are nasty. We have friends not 5 minutes away who lost there home to one. Crazy stuff. You see cracked foundations all over the Tampa area from sinkholes that have developed.

Pretty sure i fear a sinkhole more than a hurricane

and on top of an aquifer we are sucking all the water out of

I'm guessing it has to do with farmers watering their crops again.

I actually had sinkhole damage on a house I used to own that was discovered when I was trying to sell it. Dodged a bullet there.

Google Guatemalan sinkhole if you want to be freaked out.

I can't even imagine. Does the ground literally just open up? And I can't picture being buried alive like that.

I can't even imagine. Does the ground literally just open up? And I can't picture being buried alive like that.

2 types. Catastrophic like the Florida one that can happen in seconds minutes or hours and the more common type which take years and years

i believe sinkhole has joined my 'irrational fears' list of terrible ways to die... right up there with bridge collapsing as i drive across it.

i believe sinkhole has joined my 'irrational fears' list of terrible ways to die... right up there with bridge collapsing as i drive across it.

Mentioning that bridge made me think of this:

30ud0g8.gif

From the 2007 bridge collapse in Minnesota

It's just strange. One day someone's walking around, going to work, alive, and then..."

"Nothing."

"People just disappear,"

"The earth just... opens up and swallows them."

Back