• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sirens Friday night

mmedeac

Reaction score
There were a ton of sirens from emergency vehicles around eleven to midnight last night in the vicinity of Silas Creek/WFU. Anyone have info on that?

Try this link:

http://www.wspdp2c.org/

The software that a lot of Public Safety departments use in North Carolina (and what we use in Asheville/Buncombe County), has a Police to Citizen feature. Each police department determines how much of the public info is posted, but you can get a basic idea via the reports.

True story: My wife and I were passing through Winston, on our way back to Asheville, and at the IHOP right there on I-40 and silas creek. We walked in and got this really weird vibe... servers quiet and a hush in the restaurant. this creepy old guy is walking around saying that he was looking for his son, and he walks outside and I see one of the servers has this 10ish looking boy hiding behind hostess podium... all this happened in like 2 minutes.. we just left. I looked on the above site when I got back and saw that it was a kidnapping attempt. Everything turned out okay... it was just really weird.

sirensulysseus.jpg

Thanks for the link. Didn't see anything that reflected what might have been going on. But boy, the police were busy last night!

Back