• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

so i am having trouble understanding how a guy accumulates over 40 weapons and never be noticed or added to any list. how many background checks are done (for a gun) before being added to a watch list?

Easy, he's a collector/enthusiast who knows his rights.

so i am having trouble understanding how a guy accumulates over 40 weapons and never be noticed or added to any list. how many background checks are done (for a gun) before being added to a watch list?

It's illegal to use to that data and it is destroyed regularly due to the power of the NRA.

If you watch raw footage from the shooting and you don't think some serious fucking changes are in order with respect to guns in this country, I think you're a goddamn monster.

If you watch raw footage from the shooting and you don't think some serious fucking changes are in order with respect to guns in this country, I think you're a goddamn monster.

It sounded exactly like a war zone. Our current gun laws allow for anyone to own military-capable firearms. And most gun-owners are unwilling to do anything to change that.

i have guns and love to shoot them but i have to agree about changes are in order.

this crazy fuck just opened a new can of crazy on the US. he found a flaw in the system and caused horrific damage. there was nothing in place to stop this sort of terror attack. now the book is open for other people to use this as a blueprint for increased casualties.

worst of all is not knowing the reason this fuck caused such damage. random desire? idk, and it is scary.

Gun problem is daunting and the quantity of guns in the country is a real challenge, but the USA really needs to pull itself up by its bootstraps on this one and deal with it

M16 fired in full auto. Skip to 10:00 for it being fired with a suppressor.

Much like the gun control favoring Pubs on the board, it doesn't matter what you personally believe if you vote for people who think otherwise. That's what I was insinuating.

I voted for Clinton last year, Obama before that, Kaine and Warner for senate and McAuliffe the last time for Gov and Northam this time around. I've voted Dem for congress, but I'm in a heavily Pub district so we always lose there. Guess that makes me the same as a gun favoring Pub. Got it.

This.

Also up until this guy started firing, he was probably a "good guy with a gun." Hindsight 20/20, he obviously was not but he passed all existing purchase restrictions and probably would pass whatever mental illness test that gets proposed. Some folks are just psychopaths. How do we know that Joe Smalldick who open carries in church isn't gonna snap also?

And this.

You really don't want to know how much the NRA has fucked with data collection and usage in the process.

TITCR. Yet the fucking ignorant ass bumfucked rubes will like not give one god damn about doing anything.

Are rifles/handguns the only deadly human tool with which the sole purpose is destruction for destruction's sake?

Knifes can be used to prepare food, open letters; Dynamite/explosives can be used for construction purposes.

Perhaps biochemical tools - nerve gas - are really only used to kill. It's interesting that public opinion on owning biochemical tools is clear.

I'm struggling to think of a reason that guns are necessary to the human experience. They're a lot like nuclear weapons, huh?

In our society we have basically accepted the risks of guns as being a fine cost. We are" safe" because enough people decide they don't want to kill other people. Any one of use though could obtain the ability to murder multiple people almost instantly. Pick the right setting and that number can be very high.

So I have to go through a background procedure to inherit my grandfather and father's heirloom revolvers, low capacity pistols and two round magazine pump 30" barrel wingshooting shotguns? Or to swap the same from a neighbor? Gimme a break. Think. Do it by category of weapon and magazine (don't say clip) capacity..

coming from a non-firearm virgin, yeah, you should have to go through a background check to keep your relative's firearms. sorry but gun owners have dropped the ball.

Yep. That's exactly what you have to do in nearly every western nation. Hell, it's what you have to do in Israel, and that's a country people walk around strapped on the regular (after going through a hell of a lot of training, which is what a lot of them do).

It's really not that fucking hard. Tons of countries in the world manage to do it with no problem at all.

Yeah but did you think about the obligations this imposes on people who aren’t that intelligent vad?

Won’t somebody please think of the executors.

“There’s nothing we can do to change this” says only nation in the world where this type of event frequently occurs. “If only there were ways we could avoid it”

It's the opposite of American Exceptionalism. "BUT IT'S SO HARD TO DO".

Are we the greatest country on earth or not? If we are, then we can sure as fuck do things that other lesser countries can. And if we can't, or won't ... then are really the greatest? It's time to fucking sack up and be great, not just talk about it.

M16 fired in full auto. Skip to 10:00 for it being fired with a suppressor.

The dude consistently referring to the full-auto as the "fun switch" is kind of disconcerting.

We can’t pass meaningful gun reform because:

1. People on message boards don’t know everything there is to know about guns.

2. Do you even shoot guns bro? Do you even own one?

3. It imposes arduous requirements on dumb executors of wills.

4. It’s impractical because there are so many guns.

5. It’s too hard.

6. We don’t know where to start!

7. No way - hands off my guns man.

Meanwhile people will continue to be murdered by these weapons in large numbers at a rate unseen anywhere else in the first world.

Sleep well at night you sick assholes who value an ability to shoot a weapon over the lives of other humans.

Back