• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

Nope - he needs his military-grade ammo and rifles to hunt small game and varmints.

I know there's usually (and rightfully) a push from the left to make sure guns don't get in the hands of mentally ill people after these tragedies -- while Repubs seem to want them to get more guns -- but I think anyone who needs and collects multiple military grade weapons is already there. There's definitely already something missing up there (and/or down there).

this fucker wasn’t a sniper who could aim specifically to kill.

You can't just throw out hypotheticals (in fairness, it's ITC's hypothetical) and then consider the only element of it that best fits your argument. We know very little about this guy other than he gambled, had a lot of guns, and had scopes on them. He clearly had the means to buy and train as he pleased. He also methodically planned. If he had to train with bolt actions like Lee Harvey Oswald, or if he had been shooting bolt actions for the last 20-30 years, and if the gun industry had to use the last 20-30 years to match its R&D with consumer demand by making the best bolt actions imaginable, there is little doubt in my mind he would be able to hit immobile, beer swilling targets at a good distance.

You can't just throw out hypotheticals (in fairness, it's ITC's hypothetical) and then consider the only element of it that best fits your argument. We know very little about this guy other than he gambled, had a lot of guns, and had scopes on them. He clearly had the means to buy and train as he pleased. He also methodically planned. If he had to train with bolt actions like Lee Harvey Oswald, or if he had been shooting bolt actions for the last 20-30 years, and if the gun industry had to use the last 20-30 years to match its R&D with consumer demand by making the best bolt actions imaginable, there is little doubt in my mind he would be able to hit immobile, beer swilling targets at a good distance.

Great - so he would have killed 10 people instead of 60. I think the families of those 50 people would have been happy with that result.

What's the argument against banning semi-automatic rifles aside from blanket protection under the 2nd Amendment?

As somebody who doesn't know a lot about guns, what are the uses for those rifles? Are they hunting or just for other sport?

What's the argument against banning semi-automatic rifles aside from blanket protection under the 2nd Amendment?

As somebody who doesn't know a lot about guns, what are the uses for those rifles? Are they hunting or just for other sport?

Overcompensation for sub-palma dick size.

I think earlier in the thread their was admission by the gun nut that those weapons were pretty much designed to kill humans and the only justification is to kill people or it's fun.

i'm familiar with guns. it's for fun. no one needs a semi for hunting except perhaps coyote hunting for ranchers. it doesn't help that the states are now allowing semi's for hunting

i'm familiar with guns. it's for fun. no one needs a semi for hunting except perhaps coyote hunting for ranchers. it doesn't help that the states are now allowing semi's for hunting

Would you be alright with banning of semi-automatic rifles?

I think earlier in the thread their was admission by the gun nut that those weapons were pretty much designed to kill humans and the only justification is to kill people or it's fun.

I think 95% of guns were designed to kill humans. The advancement of weapons is directly related to war and the necessity to overpower your enemy.

I think most that allow semi's for hunting limit you to 5 round mag when hunting. Some states it's 3 I think.

Even Scalia said it was legal to make gun laws.

Coyote hunting has little benefit anyway. Research shows that coyote population control is largely futile and has little benefit to coyote prey populations.

Would you be alright with banning of semi-automatic rifles?

oh yeah, definitely. they're fun but that's it.

I own guns, and to the extent I am involved in the gun community, I would say most gun owners (myself included) would be perfectly fine banning semi-auto rifles. The vast majority of gun owners I know use a rifle or shotgun for hunting, or a pistol or shotgun for home defense, and have no need for a semi-auto rifle other than that it looks cool and is fun to shoot at the range. I think they would be fine with a ban given all of the violence. There is then a subset of wackos who want to relive their 'Nam Rambo glory days or pretend that they are hunting OBL, but nobody should take them seriously on this topic for a variety of reasons.

Coyote hunting has little benefit anyway. Research shows that coyote population control is largely futile and has little benefit to coyote prey populations.

Largely is the key word. It's getting to be a bit necessary around here as coyotes coming into populated areas more and more in OC.

Well that certainly takes the fun out of it !

I guess they don't want people spraying 30 rounds at a deer in full sprint without regard to where that round might end up if they miss.

Who TF misses tho?

Back