• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

Hey, when I was a kid we had handguns and rifles laying around and nobody died.*

*This is actually a true story about my childhood.

I'm sure that's an actual argument used by some folks though.

Hey, when I was a kid we had handguns and rifles laying around and nobody died.*

*This is actually a true story about my childhood.

did you sit in your Dad's lap, in his big ole Buick, and steer as he drove through town?

I worry that it shuts the door. We have the political will, amongst the general population right now to do something substantial (not amongst congressional republicans though) and the Dems are going to use this opportunity to eat up all the political will with a tiny fraction (albeit dramatic) component of the overall problem.

It might be a smart political move for Dems to push for a semi-auto weapons ban, a national registry and universal background checks and lose the legislative battle because it might help with 2018 midterms.

It's certainly a careful balancing act, and something (I hope) gun control advocates are sitting down and thinking about very carefully as they plan their strategies for the next couple of months.

I bet coyote control often involves use of a gun.

Did you read my other posts? Shooting coyotes is a highly ineffective way to control coyote populations and usually has no beneficial effect on prey populations, the ultimate objective for coyote control.

Look folks, you can’t use coyotes and feral pig control as your excuse to maintain unfettered access to automatic or semi automatic guns. Research shows that even in the best case scenarios there are equally good or better ways to deal with pest wildlife populations.

Look folks, you can’t use coyotes and feral pig control as your excuse to maintain unfettered access to automatic or semi automatic guns. Research shows that even in the best case scenarios there are equally good or better ways to deal with pest wildlife populations.

wolves, grizzlies, and in a pinch, pterodactyls FTMFW

You undersell yourself with your user name. You know your wildlife shite.

In other news, Kellyanne Conway just blamed Obama for bump stocks. It is truly amazing what she can say with a straight face.

You undersell yourself with your user name. You know your wildlife shite.

In other news, Kellyanne Conway just blamed Obama for bump stocks. It is truly amazing what she can say with a straight face.

Birds are my favorite. I've been dragged into research projects on other taxa because I know statistics but I didn't think "statisticsman" would be a good username.

Las Vegas shooter booked hotel near Grant Park during Lollapalooza

Stephen Paddock, the gunman who perched himself in a Las Vegas hotel room and used a litany of guns to kill 58 people attending a concert below, booked rooms at a Michigan Avenue hotel overlooking Grant Park during Lollapalooza, but never showed up, the Chicago Sun-Times has confirmed.

Paddock booked two rooms at The Blackstone Hotel, 636 S. Michigan Ave., one from Aug. 1 through Aug. 6 and the other during the duration of the fest, Aug. 3 through Aug. 6, according to a report from TMZ. A source with direct knowledge of the matter confirmed to the Sun-Times that Paddock booked the rooms at the hotel that weekend.

There's a joke about Chicago gun violence in there that NRA supporters will think is hilarious.

DLZOrXVVwAABD0c.jpg

The NRA is using this moment to call on Congress to allow concealed carry reciprocity across states.

If this is the type of propaganda that's needed in order to get the bill passed then I'm all for it.

Back