• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

Pretty sure weed has been around for a long time, to believe that you need more examples and subjects to determine long term outcomes is asinine.

You know what we could use more examples and studies of though? The impact guns have in our society, yet we haven't been allowed to do that due to right wing extremists (yes, extremists) preventing research from even being conducted.

Yea, yea, yea, captain.

I also think the second amendment is outdated or abused. How's that?

If it's thrilling to play GI Joe at these shooting ranges, and its legal to purchase these things that's telling. Society's gun obsession. What happened to paint ball?

i don't know, but paint ball is a lot of fun

Paintball is responsible for increased gun deaths. Kids these days run around shooting these balls at each other. Paintball glorifies weapons and shooting. Then these kids go out and commit murder with real guns.

Makes you wonder...

We all agree that the best way to ensure that we get good info is to make it extremely difficult to study an item's effects right? Guns and weed - no reason to study it !

There haven't really been good, large longitudinal studies, have there? I thought the govt prohibition on studying it in human subjects has made it difficult?

Weed is probably not good for your health, but so are a lot of things. Most things, except exercise, in fact. Even too much tofu can fuck up your hormones. The point was, that powerful corporations and lobbying organizations worked hard to cover up the negative effects of things like tobacco or CO2 and climate change in order to maintain status quo and not impeded sales. That activity was likened to the NRAs actions on suppressing data and discussion on gun violence and gun control. Weed has no counterpart; no one is suppressing data on the negative effects of weed to boost sales, because there is no data and sales on the legitimate market are near zero for most of the country.

Personally I think likening the NRAs lobbying activity to big tobacco diminishes the damage and the tactics of the NRA. Big Tobacco never convinced congress to pass a law forbidding the government from collecting data on the negatives of smoking, did they? We've had age limits and surgeon generals warnings for a least 30 years on cigarettes but we are not even allowed to study gun violence.

Last edited:
You know what we could use more examples and studies of though? The impact guns have in our society, yet we haven't been allowed to do that due to right wing extremists (yes, extremists) preventing research from even being conducted.

That's a simple fix that won't infringe on anyone's gun rights.

Health impacts of smoking marijuana cannot be likened to the health impacts of smoking cigarettes. One is a plant that has little to no added materials to it, the other is a concoction of 4,000+ chemicals, a few dozen of which are known carcinogens.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative, conservatives.

Health impacts of smoking marijuana cannot be likened to the health impacts of smoking cigarettes. One is a plant that has little to no added materials to it, the other is a concoction of 4,000+ chemicals, a few dozen of which are known carcinogens.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative, conservatives.

Jordan Klepper had a good bit on his new show about conservatives' tactics for a gun control debate. Tactic 2 (I think) was the Pivot, where you start your sentence with "I know this mass shooting is bad but, what about this other issue that is a big deal and we need to discuss..." It was a good bit.

Back