• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Small business software

TARDAWG

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a small business software? We currently are running a software called Mas90. Great software but running on some old PC, and recently the main server is down when we come to work in the morning. I want to get a new system in place before this one dies. Looking for a new software as Mas90 is expensive and really an overkill for what we need. Really just need a simple software for invoicing and accounts receivables, we currently do our payables though Quickbooks.

We need to network about five PC or individual computers. Love the thought of going towards a Mac platform, but PC may be a better option and cheaper.

Any help or suggestions from some I.T. or computer business guys would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions for a small business software? We currently are running a software called Mas90. Great software but running on some old PC, and recently the main server is down when we come to work in the morning. I want to get a new system in place before this one dies. Looking for a new software as Mas90 is expensive and really an overkill for what we need. Really just need a simple software for invoicing and accounts receivables, we currently do our payables though Quickbooks.

We need to network about five PC or individual computers. Love the thought of going towards a Mac platform, but PC may be a better option and cheaper.

Any help or suggestions from some I.T. or computer business guys would be greatly appreciated.

I do all my invoicing and accounts receivable in Quickbooks. It works great for what I need and is very simple to use. If you are already doing payables in Quickbooks, why not do both?

I recently upgraded to the latest version and it is a lot better than the version that I did have. I think I went to 2014 from 2010.

I am ready to make the switch, just a little apprehensive about now having a network of users using Quickbooks. Do you currently have one or more users accessing the same account or company? If so is it easy to restrict what employees have access to on their terminals? Any chance you are Mac based? I am thinking of making the switch as all of our current terminals are old PCs.

I am ready to make the switch, just a little apprehensive about now having a network of users using Quickbooks. Do you currently have one or more users accessing the same account or company? If so is it easy to restrict what employees have access to on their terminals? Any chance you are Mac based? I am thinking of making the switch as all of our current terminals are old PCs.

I have it where 3 people can access the same account. As to restricting what they can access, I don't really know because I haven't had to do that. The three people who have access are my accountant, myself, and my assistant.

I'm about to leave the office, but I will ask the business manager of the office next door. She is the business manager of several companies and is actually a quick books trainer.

I use Windows/QuickBooks @ my small business and Linux (Mint) @ home. Would switch business to Linux and one of the open source accounting packages like PostBooks or FrontAccounting if we weren't tied to Windows applications like Office & Citrix.

Back