• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

small moving companies (to Chicago)

SmooveDeac

Reaction score
Hi all! I've been MIA for the past few months. The short version of the story is that I had a series of ulcers at the tail end of '11 which pretty much incapacitated me. And, as I was recovering from that, I applied for - and got - a new job, which means that I've been working double duty trying to close out things at my university in Oregon as I prepare for my courses at my new university.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I'm moving at the end of June to Chicago, and I'm having a hell of a time finding a trustworthy moving company. Not only do I live in a small town in southern Oregon, but I only have enough stuff for a small move (I probably have around 2K lbs worth of stuff). I took bids from a couple of companies, but when I look them up online, I just see problem after problem after problem, and low ratings from the BBB.

So...anyone have names of a good moving company I can use?

The fiance used ABF when he moved to and from Chicago. I will warn you that if you don't have it boxed or wrapped up, it can get grease on it. Other than that, it was a very smooth moving process. He had everything bossed up and then took it to the drop point via a uhaul. Depending on how much you have, I think they will pick it up at your house.

Back