• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Small plane crash in High Point, NC

As bad as this will sound, thankfully it was only 2 persons that died. It could have been much worse. Luckily it wasn't a large plane.

Do you realize how many small planes crash around the US, much less world, on a daily basis?

I doubt there are as many as you're implying by making a statement like that, at least in as these types of crashes go (other crashes, like landing gear issues are fairly common i'd imagine)....but I don't know any numbers. Obviously it happens more than larger planes, but it's not common

Go to Google news and type "small plane crash." Feel free to sort by date. If we had a thread for every small plane crash, we'd have no more places to post hot chicks, fuck stories, or insightful tales of bowel movements gone wrong. Shit, we had two in the last two days in metro Atlanta alone.

94's annoyance of the NC-centric nature of the boards is definitely one of my favorite board memes

I dont have a problem with Yo starting the thread. At the time he posted it, the news reports were unsure if it was a large commercial plane or a small one, and it had hit a house in a populated neighborhood. Newsworthy, but I can see why people outside of NC dont give a shit.

http://www.planecrashmap.com/list/nc

Looks like there were only 9 fatal plane crashes in NC last year. This info goes back into the 1960's. If you click on the map it looks like the entire state is covered in plane crashes.

My wife and I were watching some stuff on the DVR last night and when it ended this story was on the Fox 8 news. The (young-ish) woman covering the story on the scene was having a really really hard time hiding her excitement that she was covering this story. It was pretty great unintentional comedy.

94's annoyance of the NC-centric nature of the boards is definitely one of my favorite board memes

It is fun. Someone has to stand up for the 70+% non-N.C. students. Ah, fuck it- I'm just bored and like poking fun at the NC-centric nature of the boards.

That website seems to be missing a lot of crashes. It is missing a bubble helicopter crash of 2010. There was also a guy that I went to school with whose dad was in about 4 or 5 plane crashes. None of his are on the map. I was looking at the crash map.

That website seems to be missing a lot of crashes. It is missing a bubble helicopter crash of 2010. There was also a guy that I went to school with whose dad was in about 4 or 5 plane crashes. None of his are on the map. I was looking at the crash map.

At what point does one stop flying? For me I think it's the first crash... but surely by 2 or 3.

That map is only fatalities, so he wouldnt be on there unless he died 4 or 5 times. I made the same mistake when I first went there, because I've been to a few more crashes with injuries that arent on there as well.

This crash happened in one of my friend's neighborhoods. Since 911, the investigations into crashes have beefed up, so they weren't letting anyone in or out of the neighborhood last night (and maybe still this morning). Our friends had to find somewhere else to sleep last night (with 3 kids in tow), since they couldn't go home.

Dr. Littlejohn was my doctor years ago. Father of six.
Thoughts and prayers to the Littlejohns.

That map is only fatalities, so he wouldnt be on there unless he died 4 or 5 times. I made the same mistake when I first went there, because I've been to a few more crashes with injuries that arent on there as well.

There was a second map of all crashes, that was the one I was looking at. It had crashes with and without fatalities.

Back