• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Smith Suspension Affirmed (Clemson)

Diggitydeac

Reaction score
FROM THE ANDERSON SC INDEPENDENT:

The NCAA and the ACC released statements Friday night after a review of the play by Rogers Redding, the national coordinator of football officials.

"In my judgment, the call on the field of targeting is correct: there is a launch and forcible contact to the head/neck area of a defenseless opponent," Redding said. "This fulfills the requirements for the foul under Rule 9-1-4, and the player was appropriately disqualified from the game.

"In summary, in my judgment, the call was correctly made on the field and the Instant Replay Official was correct to sustain that ruling and disqualify the player."
---------------------

Dabo was still whining in other reports. Typical Clemson arrogance. He should instead be issuing a public apology.

FROM THE ANDERSON SC INDEPENDENT:

The NCAA and the ACC released statements Friday night after a review of the play by Rogers Redding, the national coordinator of football officials.

"In my judgment, the call on the field of targeting is correct: there is a launch and forcible contact to the head/neck area of a defenseless opponent," Redding said. "This fulfills the requirements for the foul under Rule 9-1-4, and the player was appropriately disqualified from the game.

"In summary, in my judgment, the call was correctly made on the field and the Instant Replay Official was correct to sustain that ruling and disqualify the player."
---------------------

Dabo was still whining in other reports. Typical Clemson arrogance. He should instead be issuing a public apology.

err.. is Clemson typically arrogant?

Disclaimer: I sometimes use a stream of consciousness writing style. Like William Faulkner.

They should have got one for the cheap shot on Kinal. All personal fouls committed against the punter should be an automatic first down even if they happen after the punt.

How is the recipient of Smith's illegal hit? Cam Serigne looked pretty out of it right after the hit.

They should have got one for the cheap shot on Kinal. All personal fouls committed against the punter should be an automatic first down even if they happen after the punt.

Another way to make the penalty actually amount to something would be to add the yardage that could not be marked off to the distance to make a first down. That is, in that particular situation,Clemson should have had a first and 25 after the penalty, rather the first and ten plus three inches.

Another way to make the penalty actually amount to something would be to add the yardage that could not be marked off to the distance to make a first down. That is, in that particular situation,Clemson should have had a first and 25 after the penalty, rather the first and ten plus three inches.

I like this idea. Wonder why it's never been brought up before?

How is the recipient of Smith's illegal hit? Cam Serigne looked pretty out of it right after the hit.

He was held out for the rest of the game- probably undergoing concussion tests for his availability this week.

Dan mentioned in MTWO that he was clear headed but with a sore chest in the locker room post game.

It looked to me like smith was trying to turn, he caught Cam in the chest hard then his helmet went up and connected with cams face mask. Clemson s whining about this is over the top. This is happening every week, remember KJ out for a legal hit. In both cases however the defender launched at a defenseless player. I suspect that will change within the rules. It makes sense to do all one can to protect players. I love the game but it is dangerous and football is going to have to adjust. How many high school kids died last week? Like six or something.

The subplot of this is Dabo Sweeney and Clemson' s poor sportsmanship during that game, not only about this but other things as well. Classless. Dabo the super Christ evangelical hypocrite with GD this and the F that during the game. Shameful behavior. Clemtech reverting to its true nature. Invariably what will happen is a Clemson player will get laid out in similar fashion. It is called karma.

Back