• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SMU gets postseason ban, Larry Brown suspended 9 games, loss of 9 scholarships (NWT)

It's been mentioned before in nba threads, but Larry brown demands things from other people that he is entirely unable/unwilling to do himself. He certainly knows basketball, but really sucks as a human being.

Otherwise known as the Bobby Knight syndrome.

Uh oh Racer! You don't want to attract the wrath of you-know-who, like I did after I told him that loving Bob Knight and hating Ted Nugent is like wanting to bang Scarlett Johansson but not Jennifer Lawrence. :)

Uh oh Racer! You don't want to attract the wrath of you-know-who, like I did after I told him that loving Bob Knight and hating Ted Nugent is like wanting to bang Scarlett Johansson but not Jennifer Lawrence. :)

Old angry men in diapers don't scare me.

Why is SMU so bad at getting away with cheating?

Because they're a small school. If Wake had done what Carolina is alleged to have done they would have gotten REKT by the NCAA.

It's been mentioned before in nba threads, but Larry brown demands things from other people that he is entirely unable/unwilling to do himself. He certainly knows basketball, but really sucks as a human being.

THE CAROLINA WAY!

I really don't see how the NCAA can re-punish SMU when there are child molesters at Penn State?
The NCAA already punished the football program.

I really don't understand how the axe can fall so quickly on SMU and yet the NCAA continues to twiddle its thumbs over UNC.

I really don't understand how the axe can fall so quickly on SMU and yet the NCAA continues to twiddle its thumbs over UNC.

Because clearly they aren't going to re-punish the Basketball team for the sins of the Football program, duh. You do know this was a women's basketball scandal, right?

My hope is that it's because of the man hours required to sift through the mountains of evidence.

He rode Iverson to the NBA Finals and received plenty of acclaim for it. When things went bad he then blamed everything on Iverson. I'm no Iverson fan, but Larry Brown is just a huge hypocrite. Play the right way....sure Larry.

Back