• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snowden has "Doomsday cache"

Only 10-15% of the material he stole has been reported. Heard there are to be some huge blockbuster events coming next year and they are not advantageous to the US...

Is he still in Russia?

Obama is the worst president in modern times, Snowden doesn't need to release anything to make him out to be any more of a loser than he is.

Because Russia could care less if his cache gets release after they have a look and kill him. Blame CIA, remove all bad stuff about Russia, release cache onto the world and blame it on dead guy's elaborate "Doomsday cache." Brilliant.

The acknowledgement of this ensures that Russia will own and harm our country with it.

Had Snowden taken a small number of files and said,"Look at how it easy it is and how pervasive the intrusions are". he would have been a hero. His actions letting the world know about how many people have access to our assets' names and locations as well as other critical data makes him the worst spy in modern US history.

The acknowledgement of this ensures that Russia will own and harm our country with it.
What a crazy conspiratorial mindset. You have no evidence Russia has accessed these documents and it's been said Snowden himself no longer has access to them- yet you're claiming Russian has them as if it's a fact. If there is a doomsday cache, and this is not something cooked up by anonymous intelligence officials (who have reason to paint Snowden in a negative light), it's release involves three people:
The data is protected with sophisticated encryption, and multiple passwords are needed to open it, said two of the sources, who like the others spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

The passwords are in the possession of at least three different people and are valid for only a brief time window each day, they said. The identities of persons who might have the passwords are unknown.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/26/nsa-edward-snowden-doomsday-cache
Had Snowden taken a small number of files and said,"Look at how it easy it is and how pervasive the intrusions are". he would have been a hero. His actions letting the world know about how many people have access to our assets' names and locations as well as other critical data makes him the worst spy in modern US history.

You're just pissed Obama's approval ratings have dropped.

Not at all. I'm pissed that normally logically are so easily duped. If you actually think the Russians would let him stay and not get anything from it (other than PR), you are very naive.

This guy has dramatically harmed our nation. That you can't see it is sad.

This guy has dramatically harmed our nation. That you can't see it is sad.

The disregard for our Consitution and civil liberties on the part of the NSA and it's supporters are what has truly harmed our country. That you're more concerned with attacking and lying about the man who gave up everything to bring this to our attention instead of Obama, Feinstein, Rogers, etc is what's truly sad.

He committed a huge crime and ran away from the consequences.

I have repeatedly and consistently said the laws need to be changed. You conveniently neglect that because it destroys your monolithic premise.

On this issue you are absolutely no different than the way Cruz, Hannity, Rush, O'Reilly, et all are on many issues. You are just as dictatorial and unwilling to see anything other than your/their POV.

He committed a huge crime and ran away from the consequences.
He revealed a huge scandal, for which you claim there need to be "fixes", and instead of thanking him and trying to hold those responsible for this outrage accountable, you target Snowden for the crime of embarrassing your political heroes. Lying to Congress is a felony. Why don't you feel there should be consequences for Director of National Intelligence James Clapper?

It has NOTHING to do with "political heroes". It's 100% about putting people's lives at risk in dangerous places who are helping our nation. It's about giving our enemies information they might not have about technology. It's about putting intelligence workers at more risk. It's about lessening trust of protection future assets to the US.

I could say this 1000 more times and it would never sink in with you. It doesn't fit with your need to hate. You are a LW birther now.

It has NOTHING to do with "political heroes".
So why have you not criticized the NSA defenders? Why do you believe Snowden should be held accountable but those who lie to the American public should be given a free pass?
It's 100% about putting people's lives at risk in dangerous places who are helping our nation.
Yet another baseless attack/lie. Washington Post reporter Barton Gellman laid out Snowden's intentions in an interview with Fresh Air (Hint: it's not nearly as nefarious as you make it out to be).
"[Snowden] gave these documents, ultimately, to only three journalists. What he said he wanted was for us to use our own judgment and to make sure that his bias was kept out of it so that we could make our own judgment about what was newsworthy and important for the public to know. And he said we should also consider how to avoid harm.

"Now, in case anyone doubts his intentions, let's consider what he could've done. If Chelsea [aka Bradley] Manning was able to exfiltrate and send to WikiLeaks and publish in whole half a million U.S. government documents, Edward Snowden — who is far, far more capable [and] had far greater access, certainly knows how to transmit documents — he could've sent them to WikiLeaks. He could've set up and mirrored around the Internet in a way that could not have been taken down. All of the documents could be public right now and they're not. ... He told us not to do it."
It's about giving our enemies information they might not have about technology. It's about putting intelligence workers at more risk. It's about lessening trust of protection future assets to the US.
Please rj, stop with the baseless lies. More from Gellman:
Writing an editorial about the risk that Snowden... or that implies that Snowden is about to or may already have handed over all of his information to Wikileaks or to the Russians is entirely without evidence. It is pure speculation. There is strong evidence, now three months after his first disclosures, and more than three months after he started giving information to journalists, that he does not intend to make the whole pile public. He could have done it on the first day. He could have done it months before I ever heard of him.
As far as the speculation that the Chinese or Russian governments have obtained access to this information -- that they have the whole pile, so that this alleged judiciousness by the journalists is pointless -- that is not only speculative, I think I have very strong evidence that it is not the case. I know how Snowden operates. I've disclosed some of it. I have not disclosed all of it -- just because he has unmasked himself doesn't mean that there are no confidences left in the relationship.

He is exceptionally skilled at digital self-defense. In fact, one of his jobs, while he was at the NSA, and while he was employed by the CIA, was to teach courses to US national security officials about how to operate in a high-threat digital environment even on untrusted hardware -- essentially how you do secret business overseas without being surveilled by the other side.

I believe that he has rendered himself incapable of opening the archive while in Russia. That is to say, it's not only that he doesn't have the key anymore. It's that there's nothing for the key to open any more. It's that he has rendered the encrypted information literally impossible to open with what he has in his possession. He has told a former Senator in a letter that even under torture he couldn't give the information to the Russians. And that's not a boast about his alleged ability to withstand torture. That is a statement of fact about his capabilities. He simply can't open it. And that means that the Russians can't get it.
http://www.npr.org/2013/09/11/221359323/reporter-had-to-decide-if-snowden-leaks-were-the-real-thing

I could say this 1000 more times and it would never sink in with you. It doesn't fit with your need to hate. You are a LW birther now.
And I could show you 1000 more times why you're full of shit and it would never sink in with you. You are completely brainwashed.

I have NOT defended Clapper and could care less if he got fired. Once again you are wrong.

Changing the laws is critical and needs to be done. How is that "protecting anyone" when the people you say I support don't want to do that?

It's equally crazy to see Big Brother everywhere or to think "If you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about." Each is nuts.

We need to come up with rational laws. They will probably piss off both extremes. You'll be pissed and so will the far right.

I have NOT defended Clapper and could care less if he got fired. Once again you are wrong.

I'll leave it to others to decide if you were defending Clapper. When it was pointed out that Clapper lied to Congress under oath and should be held accountable your response was:
"Roger Clemens lied to Congress and nothing happened."

Back