• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So...how bad are the pics if they won't show them?

@ obvious not thinking

There has been many of my fb friends and posters from various message boards who "wished" they were special forces today but none of them ever served. Well there's no time like the present, sign the fuck up

You ever notice that about half the ex-military guys you meet at bars claim to be special forces? I bet I meet 10 people in the next 2 years that claim they were part of the team that killed OBL.

I'm sure I've seen worse pictures of deaths on the internet then Bin Laden's headshot.

You probably have. The concern is not that it's too gory for us, it's that it might be too inflammatory.

I disagree with that thought. We need to stop acting like we are afraid to offend the lunatic fringe of Islam.

You probably have. The concern is not that it's too gory for us, it's that it might be too inflammatory.

I disagree with that thought. We need to stop acting like we are afraid to offend the lunatic fringe of Islam.

Agree the lunatic fringe is going to be offended at anything they can. Osama is dead, they should know what dead people look like since that is the craft they participate in. They are going to be offended by two bullets, one to the chest the other to the head and a lot of blood? These are the same people who cut peoples heads off with dull blades.

I don't know what the muslim policy is regarding dead bodies, but I think non-lunatic fringe Muslims might get offended if the pictures were released too.

The middle east is subjected to this kind of violence and violent images on its TV screens all the time. The image of a dead OBL isn't going to appall anybody except for westerners seeing something like that for the first time.

If there is concern over grossing out people, why can't they blur the hamburger above his eyebrows? I'm pretty sure nobody is looking for OBL's highly distinctive forehead in making an ID. Lot of drama over nothing.

I don't know what the muslim policy is regarding dead bodies, but I think non-lunatic fringe Muslims might get offended if the pictures were released too.

If they get offended at the sight of the dead body who has done more to harm their religion than help it, then perhaps they aren't quite the "non-lunatic fringe" muslims that you think they are.

And that's that. The photos will not be released... by the White House. Official word.

I don't know how much room that leaves for someone else doing it. But they've been "classified."

Bah fuck it.

He's too busy calling for a copy of the death certificate.

I'm a little disappointed the photos won't be released. Not devastated or anything, but I would have rather seen them than not.

I don't think releasing the photo is necessary however, Didn't Obama call for the release of over 200K prisoner abuse photos?

True however Obama said today it would invoke violence. I got to believe that that torture would invoke violence too.

It really doesn't matter as a photo of Bin Laden dead will eventually hit the web. No doubt in my mind. If one of the seals can leak the event on rivals.com 30 minutes after the mission was completed. We had several cameras in there. JMHO.

i think its pretty sick that everyone is up in arms over not being able to see a guy's blown off head. if he's alive, he'll let us know.

I don't think releasing the photo is necessary however, Didn't Obama call for the release of over 200K prisoner abuse photos?

wow, you mean someone in the office of President might hold a different point of view than they did as a Senator?

NO NOBODY SHOULD CHANGE THEIR MIND EVER!!!! HE'S A FLIP FLOPPER!!!! HE HAS TO HOLD THE SAME OPINIONS AND VIEWS FOREVER!!!

Back