• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So tell me about Louisville...

deacswin

Reaction score
Looks like I will be accepting a job offer and moving to Louisville, KY in January. I'm actually pretty familiar with the city since my in-laws live there but would love more insight. Fairly excited about the move but pretty sad about leaving Wilmington and NC. Any other Deacs/board members live there?

Really liked that city and ease of driving/commuting/parking/airport. Very, very nice people. They love college sports - hoops of course. When I was there, cost of living and housing was excellent too - probably still is.

Only issue: most people are old, few young people stuck around (mid west brain drain; culture there is mid west, not southeast) and everyone over 45 had bleached white hair - Bobby Cremins style.

Still some of the nicest, genuine people I have ever met from Louisville and most living indices (costs/taxes/housing) were strong when I was there about 9 years ago.

you have to deal with kentucky fans, who are arguable worse than UNC fans in some regards.

^^^^^ Yep. And the Louisville still has a good music scene. Several family members on my wife's side live there and they all love it. As previously mentioned, Louisville peeps seem really nice and down-to-earth.

Back