• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So the UN Security Council has an emergency meeting.......

89DeaconMike

Reaction score
And Samantha skips it because she is on vacation. Just another example of the lack of qualifications of this administration. Every time something important happens they just aren't there. MIA (or maybe AWOL) would be a good title for the book. Surely at some point these people realize that their jobs actually require that they do something.

Interesting to see that conservatives actually care about the UN Security Council all of a sudden...

lol 'security council'

russia and china just veto everything we want and we veto what they want.

wgaf

lol 'security council'

russia and china just veto everything we want and we veto what they want.

wgaf

That's right. Who cares?

nerve-gas-in-syria-kills-citizens-510x316.jpg

syria-chemical-weapons2.jpg

NWS_20130822_IME_022_28675912_I1.JPG

"Two years ago this month, Obama called for the ouster of Syrian strongman Bashar Assad. A year ago, Obama drew what he called a “red line” saying the use of chemical weapons would change his “calculus” on the conflict, which has claimed more than 100,000 lives over the last two and a half years. Syrian opposition groups say this red line has now been crossed with this one attack Wednesday morning claiming as many as 1,300 lives in the eastern suburbs of Damascus.

Now that that moment seems to have arrived, though, the President is hedging."

http://swampland.time.com/2013/08/23/obama-blurs-red-line-in-syria/

Last edited:
nerve-gas-in-syria-kills-citizens-510x316.jpg

That's right. Who cares?

NWS_20130822_IME_022_28675912_I1.JPG

"Two years ago this month, Obama called for the ouster of Syrian strongman Bashar Assad. A year ago, Obama drew what he called a “red line” saying the use of chemical weapons would change his “calculus” on the conflict, which has claimed more than 100,000 lives over the last two and a half years. Syrian opposition groups say this red line has now been crossed with this one attack Wednesday morning claiming as many as 1,300 lives in the eastern suburbs of Damascus.

LK already ended this thread

Interesting to see that conservatives actually care about the UN Security Council all of a sudden...

Even funnier they all of a sudden care about saving brown people in the middle east. I was under the impression those people were all terrorists.

Even funnier they all of a sudden care about saving brown people in the middle east. I was under the impression those people were all terrorists.

They're going to save some of them by killing more of them. To the benefit of the US.

They're going to save some of them by killing more of them. To the benefit of the US.

Sounds good to me! Let's get boots on the ground and jets in the sky! Don't worry about the cost, we'll just cut education, unemployment, health care, etc...you know, fiscally responsible stuff. 'MERICA.

That's right. Who cares?

They need to investigate this attack further before making any final decisions. I'm not sold on the 'supposed fact' that Assad launched these attacks. I just don't think he's dumb enough to launch a chemical attack the day after UN investigators arrived in Syria.

They need to investigate this attack further before making any final decisions. I'm not sold on the 'supposed fact' that Assad launched these attacks. I just don't think he's dumb enough to launch a chemical attack the day after UN investigators arrived in Syria.

Sure would behoove someone wanting to win the power struggle if it looked like he did, though...

Sounds good to me! Let's get boots on the ground and jets in the sky! Don't worry about the cost, we'll just cut education, unemployment, health care, etc...you know, fiscally responsible stuff. 'MERICA.

i mean, someone has to pay the defense contractors

I guess in Mike's world the rest of the staff can't act and Kerry isn't directing everything from his office anyway.

This thread is disgusting on a number of levels and is the latest in a series of threads that show the Politics Board has outlived its usefulness.

Somebody should be raining holy hell on anyone cowardly enough to use poison gas on children.

This thread is disgusting on a number of levels and is the latest in a series of threads that show the Politics Board has outlived its usefulness.

Somebody should be raining holy hell on anyone cowardly enough to use poison gas on children.

...or who use unmanned killing machines that drop bombs on them AMIRITE?

So we should bomb them until they can prove their innocence?

goddamn liberals

Back