• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So what the crap is an Aggie anyway?

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
Texas A&M has Lassie for its mascot, I’m watching the end of this New Mexico State v. Utah State bowl game both Aggies and one has Cowboy looking decals on their helmets and the other has a Bull looking decal on their helmets. I can’t even tell you what NC A&T dresses up as their mascot, what the crap is an Aggie???

Many of the schools with State after their state name now used to be A&M schools. Texas A&M is about the only one that never changed it. Being agricultural and mechanical schools, they often were referred to as Aggies and took the name on with pride. Oklahoma State used to be the Oklahoma A&M Aggies too.

Florida A&M (FAMU), Prarie View A&M and Alabama A&M are the only ones I can think of right off hand. They’re all HBCUs.

Idk, but thumbs up anyway!

And spin those towels.

They do have a nice marching band, i was really impressed with them at half time.

Agreed. Trying to figure if the band was bigger than Wake's freshman class . But they were very good

Texas A&M has Lassie for its mascot, I’m watching the end of this New Mexico State v. Utah State bowl game both Aggies and one has Cowboy looking decals on their helmets and the other has a Bull looking decal on their helmets. I can’t even tell you what NC A&T dresses up as their mascot, what the crap is an Aggie???

When I was a kid in Pittsburgh there was a car that was parked on our street with a "Texas Aggies" window decal on it. I thought clearly they named themselves after a girl named Aggie. No joke.

Maryland was known as the Aggies until the 1920s, but it was originally known as Maryland Agricultural College.

Very few Aggies are actually aggies. True for Deacons too of course!

Back