• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So You're Bzz-Out, Who Else Are You Out?

Who else is out?

• Jeff Battle-Out (Assoc. Head Coach)

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Rusty LaRue-Out (Assistant Coach)

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Walt Corbean-Out (Assistant Coach)

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Jeff Nix-Out (Director of Basketball Operations)

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Greg Brittenham-Out (Director of Athletic Performance, Basketball)

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Dan Ficke-Out (Assistand Coordinator of Operations)

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Mike Lepore-Out (Team Videographer)

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Jane Caldwell-Out (Student-Athlete Services)

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Greg Collins-Out (Assistant AD, Sports Medicine)

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Craig Zakrzewski-Out (Equipment Manager (Socks))

Votes: 30 51.7%

• Total voters
We need to kick a few fans to the curb and get some new blood in here. This place stinks.

Provided the next head coaching change isn't the result of [Redacted] retiring, everyone from DBO up should leave as well. Absolutely nothing against Battle, Corbean, LaRue, and Nix, but it will be time to get a fresh start. Time to let the Prosser, Gaudio, and [Redacted] era's be history.

This will probably be an unpopular view, but I think it's the right one.

It is the right view. Rusty is a great person and if he goes somewhere and proves to be a great head coach, there is no reason we could not consider him for an opening at a later date.

But right now, the whole staff is going to have to go.

It is the right view. Rusty is a great person and if he goes somewhere and proves to be a great head coach, there is no reason we could not consider him for an opening at a later date.

But right now, the whole staff is going to have to go.

Absolutely. I think they're all good coaches.

Everyone on the coaching staff should go. I'm sure things could be set up so that Battle takes another position elsewhere and leaves of his own accord, but the next coach needs to be able to put in his own people and run his own system. Operations and compliance people can stay, as I don't think they have a significant direct effect on how the team plays and I also don't know enough about what they actually do to make judgement about them.

:jfk:
images
:jfk:
:couch::couch:

1. Fire Buzz
2. Hire new HC
3. Allow new HC to put together a staff as he sees fit
4. Win three games in the ACC

In that order

Looks like Craig Zakrzewski has some explaining to do.

I had so interactions with him in my student days, and he was kind of a douche. I don't think he deserves to be fired though. I can vouch for Walt Corbean, he is a good guy.

Back