• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SOD: J Geils found dead

“Take Out Your False Teeth, Mama, I Want to Suck on Your Gums"

Saw his band and Marshall Tucker in 1973 - a hell of a show

Last edited:
One of my guitar heroes. Sad day. Hardly a radio shift goes by that I don't play some 70's era J. Geils Band

Cum alis ad caleum, John.

And they played in Wait Chapel in 1973. Or was it 1974?

First album I ever bought was Centerfold. Still have it. Listened to Piss On The Wall a lot at low volume while giggling in my room.

So this is a funny story that I have never told anyone. Back in 1979 Johnny ("J") and I were both at Vista recors in east philly. Johnny was working on what would become the "Love Stinks" album and I was doing some remaster work for Jimmy Flatterbottom on his new punk/bluegrass fusion concept.

One night Johnny and I went out for drinks at the Stuffed Rabbit. We were talking to a couple of women that were trying to get us to let them sing backup on something.

Johnny wanted to hear them sing so he dropped a nickel in the jukebox and turned them loose on a few songs. One of them was really getting into it and started grinding on me; Johnny was just laughing.

Next thing you know the door opens and this knockout walks in. She was an 11.

Johnny winks at me and tosses the girls a $100 bill and tells them to take good care of me. He gets up, walks over to the new girl, and immediately begins to fondle her....right there at the bar! She was into it and they left in a hurry.

Next morning he comes in and tosses me a stack of polaroids he took the night before. This girl was amazingly hot, and looked even better naked. Turns out that he had known her back in the day in New Jersey - they had dated in high school.

Yes, I was there the night that he came up with "Centerfold."

So this is a funny story that I have never told anyone. Back in 1979 Johnny ("J") and I were both at Vista recors in east philly. Johnny was working on what would become the "Love Stinks" album and I was doing some remaster work for Jimmy Flatterbottom on his new punk/bluegrass fusion concept.

One night Johnny and I went out for drinks at the Stuffed Rabbit. We were talking to a couple of women that were trying to get us to let them sing backup on something.

Johnny wanted to hear them sing so he dropped a nickel in the jukebox and turned them loose on a few songs. One of them was really getting into it and started grinding on me; Johnny was just laughing.

Johnny winks at me and tosses the girls a $100 bill and tells them to take good care of me. He gets up, walks over to the new girl, and immediately begins to fondle her....right there at the bar! She was into it and they left in a hurry.

Next morning he comes in and tosses me a stack of polaroids he took the night before. This girl was amazingly hot, and looked even better naked. Turns out that he had known her back in the day in New Jersey - they had dated in high school.

Thats the most awesome story I've ever heard. RJ out-RJed himself right there.

:bowrofl:

The harmonica player for the J Geils Band was named Magic Dick.

First concert I ever went to see was J Geils Band as an 11 year old during the "Centerfold" era...Lol

Opening band were some guys from Ireland named U2...Me and my buddy couldn't wait for "Boner" to get off the stage so we could hear Freeze Frame.

RIP

Back