• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Some people argue about some stuff

Where are you getting that every single one of the white people killed was armed?

I didn't say that. Stop being ridiculous.

I said that there are several examples of unarmed black men who were killed by police just in the last month. And I requested some examples of unarmed white men. If your claims are correct, we should have seen at least twice as many over the same time period.

I'm not going to humor you by searching for news reports of unarmed white people getting killed by the cops, but one of my BFFs posted this one on the Facebook today.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=049_1375322114

He had down's syndrome; does he count?

Fits into the complaints about how police treat the mentally ill that have been covered on these threads.

I didn't say that. Stop being ridiculous.

I said that there are several examples of unarmed black men who were killed by police just in the last month. And I requested some examples of unarmed white men. If your claims are correct, we should have seen at least twice as many over the same time period.

Why twice as many?

Geez, 89. Didn't they teach math at Wake when you were there?

Ph, you have made similar posts to the above at least 3 times that I can think of. Do you doubt the ProPublica study and the other studies others have posted on this board showing that white deaths by cops are somewhere in the neighborhood of 65-70%? What, exactly, will it take for you to believe that cops kill white people? I understand that your views are determined by race, but you can keep your bias and still accept that cops kill white people every once in a while, too.

Junebug, a buddy of mine is a law prof who teachers about excessive use of force by the police. He actually just got funding to study the impact of body cameras on force. He's poured over hundreds of the thousands of YouTube clips of police force online and studies these incidents as they come. Brilliant guy. He put it to me like this:

When police use excessive force on a white person, it's most likely a white male who is armed, aggressive, drunk or high, and a clear danger to himself and/or others. Even then you still get situations like this in which the cops attempt to rationally talk him down. Here's a description if you don't want to check the video. They determined he was a drunk open carry demonstrator and defused the situation.

Excessive force against a black person is indiscriminate. It happens to black men, black women, black children, many of whom are unarmed, sober, and cause no threat. Sometimes there is verbal aggressiveness, but not something that requires excessive force.

Back