• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SPC Donor Recognition

Deac94

Reaction score
I came across this list of donors while researching the Sports Performance Center. http://wakewill.wfu.edu/lets-roll/honor-roll

While the fact that 498 people have donated to this effort may not seem like a lot, I found it very heartening. The fact is there are many good reasons to NOT give: there are aspects of the current facilities arms race that are distasteful, there are legitimate questions about accountability for past decisions and recent performance, and there is always the hope that someone else will step up and donate. It’s also evident that facilities alone don’t get you four and five star football and basketball recruits.

However, the bottom line is simple: if we fall further behind with our facilities, there will be NO hope of improving recruiting to the level that we want it to be.

So I applaud those who are on the list. I am very curious if there are others that read these boards that have stepped up. My sense is that there are at least a handful of others on the boards that are on the list. If you are, I think it would be great if you would reply to this thread and acknowledge that you are “IN”.

Last edited:
Nonny was very generous - he looks to have given several times.

How current is this ? Forgive me if I missed it but I didn't see Danny Manning listed.

I am on there. If you love WF and have the ability to help, opporunities like this are of paramount importance. We need facilities to attract the top talent in virtually every sport where we are competitive. No facilities equals giving up on competing, something that does not sit well with me.

I am proudly on the list, although my donation was modest compared to many others. Represent!

Back