• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Speaking of Boycotts ....

Shooshmoo

Reaction score
I'm going to continue to boycott the Emmys (I guess I haven't really boycotted them over the last 4-5 years, just don't really care to watch them). No Parks and Rec Best Comedy nom and, more importantly, no Ron Swanson nomination? And we're still nominating the Big Bang Theory and that annoying Parsons character, and now we're nominating Blossom on that POS show? Hey, look at me, I have nerd glasses on and I'm speaking in a high-pitched nerd voice -- I'm the best actor in a comedy! Who's with me?

Last edited:
Who watches the Emmys in the first place. This is like giving up big game hunting for Lent.

Modern Family is about the same quality as BBT(I chuckle at both, occasionally) and is more annoyingly nominated.

It is a shame that Parks & Rec doesn't get more recognition, but who gives a shit with Emmy voter goofiness. It is pretty ridiculous that Nick Offerman hasn't gotten a nomination, but you can thank the crazy stupid # of undeserving Modern Family supporting actors for that.

I've never watched the Emmys or the Golden Globes, but I've caught the highlights of the last 3 years of the GG with Gervais hosting on the internet. Also caught the replay of Gervais taking his Emmy back from Steve Carrell. Extremely funny.

Back