• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spicer Presser

"Coastal elites" is a term I got from MSNBC. Great that you called your students "rubes," sure they'd love that, better that you offered no policy solutions, dumbass. "They're voting in a way that's hurting them, let's do nothing and laugh at them." Nice work.

Last edited:
I mean policy after policy gets proposed to help but gets rejected, often yourself voting against your own self interests like lower taxes. Eventually you say fuck that and fuck them, that's kinda where a lot of people are at after the 2016 election.

I mean policy after policy gets proposed to help but gets rejected, often yourself voting against your own self interests like lower taxes. Eventually you say fuck that and fuck them, that's kinda where a lot of people are at after the 2016 election.

Are they allowed to disagree on what policies are in their own interests?

Just finished at the National WWII Museum. I was very disappointed by their lack of coverage of Holocaust Centers.

Saying something is not worse than the Holocaust = being resistant to the news of people being gassed to death?

Might want to walk that claim back real quick

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Zero.

Are they allowed to disagree on what policies are in their own interests?

Depends on if they are rooted in facts or feelings. Like job training for renewable energies and other jobs of the future/here and now, and away from coal over bring back our coal jobs!!!

Depends on if they are rooted in facts or feelings. Like job training for renewable energies and other jobs of the future/here and now, and away from coal over bring back our coal jobs!!!

This post leaves out the fact that we actually had the Stimulus to provide the so-called shovel ready jobs. If big, top-down government jobs programs designed to help them actually proved to be in their interest, Hillary Clinton would be President.

Not talking any top down government job programs, talking training and education, collaborations with corporations and what they need for the future. Safeguards for when jobs go overseas companies are forced to provide money for job training to the employees left behind etc... I don't want a bunch of government projects that cycle with funding levels and last for a set period of time, I want a foundation to be laid where the workers can succeed in the here and now.

Not talking any top down government job programs, talking training and education, collaborations with corporations and what they need for the future. Safeguards for when jobs go overseas companies are forced to provide money for job training to the employees left behind etc... I don't want a bunch of government projects that cycle with funding levels and last for a set period of time, I want a foundation to be laid where the workers can succeed in the here and now.

Me too. IMHO, the way to do that is to force the market to provide it with tax incentives. If we put a real tax incentive behind rooftop solar, we'd have an entire service and installation industry. You can build it in China, but you're going to design it, install it and service it here.

Me too. IMHO, the way to do that is to force the market to provide it with tax incentives. If we put a real tax incentive behind rooftop solar, we'd have an entire service and installation industry. You can build it in China, but you're going to design it, install it and service it here.

I agree.

Now if only those Dems would get out of the way and let us put in some real renewable energy subsidies.

I agree.

Now if only those Dems would get out of the way and let us put in some real renewable energy subsidies.

I don't mind it when the Dems are right about something. No problem saying so, when I feel that way. This is one such issue.

I don't mind it when the Dems are right about something. No problem saying so, when I feel that way. This is one such issue.

Fair enough. It sucks because it should be a Republican driven issue if not for the head in the sand climate science denial.

I'm a big fan of using the tax code to steer markets in directions they wouldn't go otherwise.

I'd be down with a lot of Republican methods if it weren't for the goals they want to achieve with those methods.

Fair enough. It sucks because it should be a Republican driven issue if not for the head in the sand climate science denial.

I'm a big fan of using the tax code to steer markets in directions they wouldn't go otherwise.

I'd be down with a lot of Republican methods if it weren't for the goals they want to achieve with those methods.

You could be a climate denier and still want to stick it to the Saudis. Business is roadblock here

Back