• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spicer Presser

In KY, McGrath ran a campaign with repeated messaging about protecting health care and pre-existing conditions. KY is an unhealthy state. They re-elected Mitch by a wide margin.

McGrath was an awful nothing burger candidate who'd already lost a House election. She was the Cal Cunningham of Kentucky.

Booker would have been a much more genuine candidate. Neither would have won, but Booker would have gotten much closer.

The messenger matters, you need people who inspire others.

McGrath was an awful nothing burger candidate who'd already lost a House election. She was the Cal Cunningham of Kentucky.

Booker would have been a much more genuine candidate. Neither would have won, but Booker would have gotten much closer.

She was a white former fighter pilot running in white Kentucky. Ever watch any bits of her debate performances? She did a good job. Now, we all know that people draw the line at voting for Democratic female candidates, so a male candidate probably would have done better. But I'm not certain a black male candidate would have, not in KY. She lost a house race against a Republican. Kentucky has become deeply Republican.

She was a white former fighter pilot running in white Kentucky...

Turns out that you can’t just check off identity boxes find a good candidate. There’s no proof that former military candidates perform better in Red states, that’s just cliched horseshit from
DC consultants.

Goddamn, Donald Trump is the conservative messiah, and he dodged the draft. How do you all keep making these stereotype assumptions when the contrary evidence is sitting in the White House.

McGrath outpolled Biden by 2% in WV while progressive challengers in WV and TN underpolled Biden by 2 to 3%.

Goddamn, Donald Trump is the conservative messiah, and he dodged the draft. How do you all keep making these stereotype assumptions when the contrary evidence is sitting in the White House.

Rubes: MILITARY, FLAGS, RAAAAAAAAH
Dems: Here's a decorated military vet, she's great
Rubes: NOT A REPUBLICAN, RAAAAAAAH
Dems: shockedpikachu.jpg

MDMH, we need a plan for poor white voters, not a list of things not to do.

I would have thought Martha McSally losing to Sinema in AZ would have put an end to the veteran myths. Republicans didn’t even show up for her against a quirky bisexual lady.

It doesn’t take a ton of wealth to waste all your savings and 72 month finance a dorky poser truck or a shitty boat. It’s the choice of a moron.

Hang on now, the 72 months came with zero interest.

MDMH, we need a plan for poor white voters, not a list of things not to do.

I would have thought Martha McSally losing to Sinema in AZ would have put an end to the veteran myths. Republicans didn’t even show up for her against a quirky bisexual lady.

I don’t know what you’re getting at here, but my *entire* point was to make clear the harm of embracing liberal elitist culture, a bitter condescending elitism that basically sums up the tunnels political consensus. Contrary to your post, it’s actually very helpful in life to know what *not* to do, even if you don’t have all the answers.

But not being elitist isn't going to matter as long as they're receptive to Republican messaging. Not doing something doesn't matter as long as others can lie and say you're doing it.

But not being elitist isn't going to matter as long as they're receptive to Republican messaging. Not doing something doesn't matter as long as others can lie and say you're doing it.

Fine, fuck it. Be as shitty as possible to people who don’t deserve it because Republicans will
lie about it. Whatever man. Nothing I say or do is going to change the elitist disposition of this board, and whenever I fly off the handle about it you all just get shittier. All the advanced degrees and professional success in the world on this board and not one goddamn political perspective that couldn’t just be picked up from an afternoon of MSNBC.

Fuck you. You know what I’m saying. “Don’t be a racist” wasn’t sufficient so now there’s mainstream dialogue around anti-racism. What does anti-classism look like and how do we put it into practice?

I thought you wanted to do develop solutions. If you’re only taking shots at people, you’ve got nothing to offer.

Last edited:
Personally I'm glad that the progressives on this board are not condescending in anyway.

So, a pet peeve, exactly why is it only liberals are elitists? i mean Trump was silver spoon MF with more money at age 10 then what he has now...golden shitter, et. al.. Wasn't it also Trump-dumpsters doing the boat parades (seemly elitists to have a large boat)? wouldn't you also consider some of these trump supporting Ivy league graduated CEOs elitists?

sorry, but liberals in general are not more elitist than most republicans. is it the hollywood/sports group of people, also not all liberal? is the implication that more Dems are educated and therefore elite?

what exactly is the definition of elitists and why does it only implicate the left?

So, a pet peeve, exactly why is it only liberals are elitists? i mean Trump was silver spoon MF with more money at age 10 then what he has now...golden shitter, et. al.. Wasn't it also Trump-dumpsters doing the boat parades (seemly elitists to have a large boat)? wouldn't you also consider some of these trump supporting Ivy league graduated CEOs elitists?

sorry, but liberals in general are not more elitist than most republicans. is it the hollywood/sports group of people, also not all liberal? is the implication that more Dems are educated and therefore elite?

what exactly is the definition of elitists and why does it only implicate the left?

If you’re only referring to the word in the context of American socio-political culture, it’s because the dominant skew of educated and successful American people is culturally liberal and economically conservative. Elitism, just as a concept of exclusivity and insularity, of course isn’t limited to Democrats. Nearly all of our Supreme Court Justices and Presidents come from only like 3 different Ivy League schools. That’s not just Democrats.

Here's an interesting idea about elites and anti-elites.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/12/can-history-predict-future/616993/

Back