• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread SPOILERS

Meh. A good meh. Not a 95% RT meh. I liked it but damn if that wasn't episode 4 all over again. Escape ship. Land on sand planet. Give important message to droid. Break out of Death Star. Oh shit Death Star is aimed at us, can we kill it? Of course we can, they built it with a weakness just like the last one.

The future should be fun, I'm excited to see where it's heading.

Loved it. Only 20 minutes out by my initial reaction is that I'm not dying to rush back out and see it again. I feel like I took it all in and I'm worried I'll like it a lot less without all the goosebumps if that makes sense.

Also, Ren has to be Leia's daughter. Leia didn't know about anything that went down on the death star and still said "may be the force be with you" and sent her to Luke.

Also, Ren has to be Leia's daughter. Leia didn't know about anything that went down on the death star and still said "may be the force be with you" and sent her to Luke.

She had to know about Death Star. She collapsed when she sensed Han died. Surely she either felt Rey or they had a convo at some point about Hans death and how they escaped

Doesn't mean they aren't related

I think Han knew. That's why he pauses when she says her name and asks her to fly with him. I also think there is too much going on in scenes where Ren talks about Rey, for them not to be related.

I also agree that it was nastalgic and predictable, but not overly so, and hopefully, just like the original trilogy, the big plot twists come in the next two films

Loved it. Like most have said, very predictable but still fun & exciting to watch. Wish we would've had more with Phasma. Wish we would've had more with Luke, just a few words or so.

Also think it's weird how proficient Rey was with the force with no training.

Loved it. Like most have said, very predictable but still fun & exciting to watch. Wish we would've had more with Phasma. Wish we would've had more with Luke, just a few words or so.

Also think it's weird how proficient Rey was with the force with no training.

Maybe she did have a little as a kid? She's so enthralled by the rebellion, maybe she has faint memories.

Did I mishear, or in the opening act, did Poe call Finn "John" when he got his first takedown in the TIE fighter? I was almost positive I heard that, and thought it would have been a pretty funny slip for JJ to leave in there.

"The force is strong in my family. I have it, my sister has it, you have that power too" from the trailer was not in the movie, correct? Or did I completely miss something?

"The force is strong in my family. I have it, my sister has it, you have that power too" from the trailer was not in the movie, correct? Or did I completely miss something?

I thought it was confirmed a while ago that that was just to serve the trailer thematically.

Though I think it probably lends credence to the idea that Rey is related to Luke.

It was in Return of the Jedi when Luke is telling Leia they are brother and sister

I enjoyed it and look forward to the next in the series. But I do think it was a little too cheesy with some of the dialogue and was a little on the nose with the episode 4 parallels.

I thought it was confirmed a while ago that that was just to serve the trailer thematically.

Though I think it probably lends credence to the idea that Rey is related to Luke.

Whoops missed that

It was in Return of the Jedi when Luke is telling Leia they are brother and sister

Yes I remember, though I thought thats why they moved the "you have that power too" to the end, as if Luke was telling someone else in the new movie. Makes sense if it was just a trailer feature though

Is Kylo not his real first name? I know Ren is more of a title, and it sounded like Han shouted "Ben!" at him when he was on the catwalk.

Is Kylo not his real first name? I know Ren is more of a title, and it sounded like Han shouted "Ben!" at him when he was on the catwalk.

Definitely called him Ben. My friend called that too while we were live in the movies. "I bet he's named after Ben Kenobi"

Back