• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sports Bar Winston

Winston is really baren drinking wise before 4pm unless you’re doing a restaurant, after 4 all the bars and breweries open up and I think the best option is fiddlin'.

If before 4 Id’ say your "best" options are: foothills, Quiet Pint, Hungry Palate, Small Batch, Campus Gas, VT, Waldo's, then the normal chains that are everywhere. Food will vary by location, but all are open before 4 and serve cold beer.
Thanks; looking for the lunch time and 2ish games tomorrow, so definitely before 4.

Thanks; looking for the lunch time and 2ish games tomorrow, so definitely before 4.

Since you referenced Playground/Clemmons, there's Mossy's which is around the corner from the Playground. They have about 20 TVs in their bar and serve really good bar-type food. Lots of beer selections as well. They open at lunch.

It's okay, feels a little garagey to me, and no kitchen sucks.

There are like 7 kitchens under that roof.

Soon to be 8.

People complaining about the dynamic of being able to bring anything you want deserve to pay $25 for spicy nugs served from an understaffed kitchen.

Putters. Watched the Wake v UVA game while driving through town on a road trip a couple of weeks ago. First time there in almost 20 years…the placed hasn’t lost a step. Picked up a Putters hat while I was there…best purchase I made on that trip.

Yeah just for the record, I know several breweries are probably set to open early on Thursday/Friday. Fiddlin Fish is 100% opening at noon, for example. So this advice is usually correct, but I think there are exceptions for this Thursday/Friday.

Yeah just for the record, I know several breweries are probably set to open early on Thursday/Friday. Fiddlin Fish is 100% opening at noon, for example. So this advice is usually correct, but I think there are exceptions for this Thursday/Friday.
Thanks - Camel City followed by Fiddlin was going to be my plan until the 4pm thing came up, so I think I’ll go back to that.

Need a recommendation for a buddy's birthday in May. Turning 51. Not a stripper place, but a little on the "looky, no touchy" edge would be nice.

Well this changes my plans. Looks like I’ll be working from fiddlin with some mojitos. Just saw at the bottom of their post from yesterday where they mentioned it.

Juggheads is opening early, as is Brouwerij Dubois, for anybody looking for something closer to Lewisville

Y’all and the bartender at Fiddlin convinced me - gonna order Mojito at halftime of this first game. Currently sipping on an RTQ IPA and got into NC for the first time since sports betting became legal, so now I’m sitting on $600 in bonus bets between Fan Duel and Draft Kings. Let’s go!

Y’all and the bartender at Fiddlin convinced me - gonna order Mojito at halftime of this first game. Currently sipping on an RTQ IPA and got into NC for the first time since sports betting became legal, so now I’m sitting on $600 in bonus bets between Fan Duel and Draft Kings. Let’s go!
RTQ IPA is really good. I like some IPAs and I could drink that one all day. Mojito is so good, get the Cuban.

Can you bring food into Fiddlin other than whatever food truck is there? I gather yes.

Back