• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring Break forever, bitches

the only redeeming thing I can see about that movie is just the eye candy.

i know a lot of sloots that were extras in it. and my hometown is lookin strong

St. Pete Beach... Biebs was putting in a lot of appearances at the time too

This ain't no movie to take lightly. Directed by Harmony Korine, who is one of the strangest, most risk taking directors working today. See Gummo if you want to see a really, really strange flick. This played at the Toronto Film Festival and Venice Film Festival last year, and I've heard it's going to be very divisive, and trust me, it won't be getting a wide release, so that should serve as a sign right there that it's doing something a little more. It's also rated a really hard R. Korine is known for satirizing (if there's even a word for what Korine does) American culture, and it's pretty obvious what he is skewering here. Plus, visually it looks fantastic. I can't wait for it.

I have no idea why Selena Gomez keeps saying she trusts this guy for her first mature role. I wouldn't trust this guy with safety scissors. Hope she doesn't have any cats!

I have no idea why Selena Gomez keeps saying she trusts this guy for her first mature role. I wouldn't trust this guy with safety scissors. Hope she doesn't have any cats!
Hah, yeah, she's clearly been duped. This is an exploitation flick all the way. I can only imagine parents taking their teenage daughters to go see this and walking out absolutely horrified within the first 15 minutes. I'll be first in line though. I know of a few people that have seen this already and they say it's insane, and really, really good. I've watched that trailer a few times. Visually it looks incredible.

also intrigued by this james franco character:

james-franco-spring-breakers-0328-08-580x435.jpg

franco2.jpg

According to Franco:

"Harmony and I were talking about doing a movie together before Spring Breakers was even conceived…We started discussing ideas and one day he sent me a treatment, which he said he's never done before, just to run it by me. So there's no chance Riff Raff could have been offered the role. Of course Harmony and I looked at some of Riff Raff's videos as inspiration, but he was one of a number of people we looked at."

"I would say the biggest influence on the role was this local Florida rapper named Dangerous. He's fairly unknown, but he was down there in the place, living the life, and he became the biggest model for me and he's in the movie."

Let me make this clear: you will leave the theater thinking "what the fuck did I just watch?" There is about 20 minutes of actual plot advancement. You will probably weep for the future of America afterwards. The 4 girls are all smokin in the film, but the tour de force of this film is James Franco. He KILLS IT. It is Alien's film once he enters the plot. He deserves a best supporting actor nom, at worst.

Harmony Korine is a weird dude, but he can direct a movie. This is going to be a polarizing film, no doubt, but I loved it. Franco carries the flick and does a 4.3 to the finish line. GO SEE IT.

when does this movie start in wide release?

Back