• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring Football Practice?

Thanks! Hopefully, Hinton, will be able to practice

Not sure, just hopeful. I'm thankful for him, but we can only go so far with Wolford

Not sure, just hopeful. I'm thankful for him, but we can only go so far with Wolford

I'm hoping Newman will provide a serious challenge to both and emerge the clear choice. I've heard nothing but great things about the kid's abilities.

“I think that every year, the whole first practice gets faster,” said Clawson. “With the exception of the fifth-year seniors, this is all these guys have known. I think the offense was able to play really fast and the defense, maybe not so fast since it was the first day of a new defensive system. There’s going to be a little bit of catch-up. They kept things simple because they got their base front and their base coverage in. The offense could be a little more spread out and the defense was a little more vanilla. But that’s just day one of the installation of a new package.”

I like the fact that he called new DC - Jay Sawvel's defense "vanilla". I don't recall Grobe ever challenging our coordinators in a press release. Very minor and I know that there's nothing really to take from it other than Clawson is one intense dude that is going to win and win quickly.

Didn't know Bell tore his ACL and was questionable for the fall. That sorts out the RB position a little bit.

I don't think that was a challenge at all. It was the first day of a new system, so it was vanilla.

Back