• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurrier on BCS Championship Debate...

Spurrier just getting back in his old habit of shitting all over FSU.

Spurrier is the grandmaster at running smack.....love it when he runs his mouth.

According to this site http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team, FSU SoS is 42nd, Ohio State is 52nd (note Wake is 40th). FSU out of conference = Bethune Cookman, Idaho, Nevada and Florida (in off year); in conference played Miami and Pitt from Coastal side. Toughest game by far was Clemson. The big difference is that FSU absolutely killed all their opponents while OSU did not. Average margin of victory for FSU is 42 points, closest game was 14.

Spurrier would have been better served looking at the schedules a little bit before running his mouth. His own team played home games against Clemson (W 31-17) and Florida (W 19-14) while Florida State played both of those teams on the road and beat Clemson 51-14 and Florida 37-7. FSU would beat the Cocks by 2-3 TD's this year.

Is 5 spots a meaningful difference? I love that the SEC cannibalized itself this year. Spurrier is just towing the conference whine.

Spurrier just getting back in his old habit of shitting all over FSU.

yep..spurrier would always shit on FSU while talking to the media..FSU was too busy usually shitting on Spurrier on the field. (Spurrier is 5-9-1 all-time against FSU)

Spurrier would have been better served looking at the schedules a little bit before running his mouth. His own team played home games against Clemson (W 31-17) and Florida (W 19-14) while Florida State played both of those teams on the road and beat Clemson 51-14 and Florida 37-7. FSU would beat the Cocks by 2-3 TD's this year.[/QUOTE

I dare say i would not predict that quite so quickly. South Carolina went 3-1 against Top 15 teams this year, giving Mizzou their only loss of the season and that was on the road. Teams in the SEC run the guantlet every single year, meanwhile the ACC is not squat every single year and get away with not playing anybody. See Duke, FSU and really, who did Klempsun end up beating? UGA nobody who ended up in the Top 15

He is also correct. Neither one played squat, especially compared to the usual SEC schedule.
aQ7YW6O.gif

True that. Comparing ACC football to SEC football in most years is like Leon Spinks to Muhammad Ali. Every now & then Spinks gets a lucky punch but normally Ali floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee and the SEC eats up the ACC like Muhammad Ali.

Spurrier would have been better served looking at the schedules a little bit before running his mouth. His own team played home games against Clemson (W 31-17) and Florida (W 19-14) while Florida State played both of those teams on the road and beat Clemson 51-14 and Florida 37-7. FSU would beat the Cocks by 2-3 TD's this year.[/QUOTE

I dare say i would not predict that quite so quickly. South Carolina went 3-1 against Top 15 teams this year, giving Mizzou their only loss of the season and that was on the road. Teams in the SEC run the guantlet every single year, meanwhile the ACC is not squat every single year and get away with not playing anybody. See Duke, FSU and really, who did Klempsun end up beating? UGA nobody who ended up in the Top 15

Clemson beat that same UGA team that you lost to. UGA would have been top 15 had it not been for all of the injuries.

IF Missouri wins the SEC championship, then South Carolina will have beaten 3 of the 8 BCS teams, 2 of which came on the road. So yeah, Spurrier can talk shit about other peoples schedules.

lol he lost to UT. doesn't deserve squat.

Back