• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

St. Bonaventure at the Joel

S Christmas break though, right?

so the 100 students we have showing up to games won't be there? Shoot. I feel worse for those students who really love/support the team and have to miss a game than I do for the team. They're used to playing for crickets.

You think that matters to Bzzz??? It's funny, the man just can't help himself. I listened to the radio show Thursday night and they were talking about all the turnovers against Richmond and Bzzzz says, " I really shouldn't say this, but we had guys studying for exams and professor's giving exams early and that really effected our guys focus." I mean he knew he shouldn't trot that out, but he couldn't help himself, lol.

It's clear Bz is just trolling the fans at this point.

Wake is 79 in KenPom as of today.

Our next three opponents are:

St. Bonny 94
UNCG 331
Xavier 52

Wake is 79 in KenPom as of today.

Our next three opponents are:

St. Bonny 94
UNCG 331
Xavier 52

We're top 80 in KenPom, I'm shocked Wellman doesn't have an extension sitting on Bzzz's desk right now.

Wait, why is UNCG so bad? Is Wes Miller fucking this up?

We can mock the home schedule, but St. Bonaventure is a legitimate opponent (whom we should beat). UNCG, on the other hand, is absolutely atrocious and is on an entirely different stratosphere. They are projected to go 5-11 in the SoCon, while St. Bonaventure is supposed to go a respectable 8-8 in the A-10.

Ah, that must be why no one is talking about Wes Miller to replace Bz anymore.

While I agree that WF OOC schedule is lacking, St. Bonaventure is a legit opponent. They were the A-10 champ in 2012, made the NCAAs and played ACC champ, FSU, to the wire losing 66-63. Have no problem with WF playing this game, and I will take any top 100 win.

While I agree that WF OOC schedule is lacking, St. Bonaventure is a legit opponent. They were the A-10 champ in 2012, made the NCAAs and played ACC champ, FSU, to the wire losing 66-63. Have no problem with WF playing this game, and I will take any top 100 win.

Seriously, St. Bonny is a fine opponent, I think it is the lack of other fine opponents on this years OOC schedule that is the problem.

Edited to add: I'm not sure St. Bonny is a fine enough opponent to be arguably the marquee opponent on an ACC's OOC schedule though.

Last edited:

Seriously, St. Bonny is a fine opponent, I think it is the lack of other fine opponents on this years OOC schedule that is the problem.

Edited to add: I'm not sure St. Bonny is a fine enough opponent to be arguably the marquee opponent on an ACC's OOC schedule though.

Pilchard and liveanddiedeac are both on point, but we really should win tonight, with or without Wright. It'll be interesting to see if we're able to clamp down on their perimeter attack right out of the gate and exploit our advantage inside early and often.

Defensive rebounding is critical tonight. We are 9th nationally in defensive rebounding%, while they are 4th nationally in offensive rebounding %. They can't shoot 3's for the life of them, so if we can limit second chance opportunities we should really limit them offensively.

So a projected 8-8 A10 team without it's leading scorer is a "solid test" for this team? Historical competitiveness. Bzball.

4 years ago our fanbase would have been pissed off to the point of unacceptable if we lost a home game to St. Bonaventure.

So a projected 8-8 A10 team without it's leading scorer is a "solid test" for this team? Historical competitiveness. Bzball.

4 years ago our fanbase would have been pissed off to the point of unacceptable if we lost a home game to St. Bonaventure.

That's why Bzzz set the bar so low by losing to Stetson at home in his very first game.

and now if we lose, some people are gonna be pleased

What's wrong with them? They've gone "all in" on the team's failure, so they have no choice but to hope the team loses. Pretty sad, but that's where many of them are right now.

This team is getting better & better, and if we should happen to upset Carolina at The Joel in early January....and that's not completely beyond the realm of possibility....you might have to put some of these sorry "fans" on a suicide watch.

Well yeah, obviously if [Redacted] beats Carolina or Duke he'll likely stick around.

Back